Slow bite at the Baltimore yesterday

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JohnD

Slow bite at the Baltimore yesterday

Post by JohnD »

I got a last minute invite to fish yesterday, Labor Day Monday, aboard a late model hat 50 out of OC/MD the "Blew Bayou". Well I know it's not a Bertram, it got me offshore on a nice day.

Early we had an Bull Wahoo attack our stb bait, leaping out of the air and making a clean bite off. Then noting for another couple of hours, until we ran across some bailer dolphin we got 4 of 5. Then nothing until 1:55pm, and the stb long went down. After about a 15 min fight we had the YF close to the boat, but it took aonther 5-10 to convice him to jump on the gaff.

It was a beautiful day & I saw a couple of B31's out there as well. We were close to Fighting Angel when the wahoo hit, I'm not sure if Jimmy saw it. The others we didn't get close enough to see the names. Hope others did well.

br,
JohnD
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

That was you...damn I saw that Wahoo launch 6 feet in the air! I turned behind you guys and a White popped up and we were able to release it then the action slowed. The other Bertram was Black & Blue he's docked across from me. I heard someone say they saw Sea Nile out their but I didn't.
ImageImage
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Cool, I saw you turn behind us and figured you saw the wahoo. I'm not sure if I should tell if I should tell my neighbor that you picked up a White right behind us.

Glad you found some action.

-jd
Dug

Post by Dug »

Is the Bertram named Black and Blue a 50'?

D
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

No it's a 31
JK

Post by JK »

Jimmy-

Only have that one offshore trip in so far this season. Couldn't get a crew together to fish on Monday. Shooting for Sunday of this weekend but the forecast doesn't look too promising right now. Guess you still have the boat?

--JK
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

JK, I have 4 or 5 people interested and one guy who I think is going to buy it with in the next few weeks...going to fish it to the last minute but I think the end is near it will be a sad day for shur!