Steyr's on ebay for 25B possibly

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Kevin

Steyr's on ebay for 25B possibly

Post by Kevin »

Found the 165 hp version of the motor on ebay. Probably too small for the 28 but may be good for the 25. They are set up for Bravo drives. 350 hours on each motor. Selling for 18,500 for the pair. They came out of a U.S. Fish and Wildlife vessel according to the Q and A at bottom of listing. I.E., since government employees ran the vessel the oil never got checked...just my opinion based on experience. Bruce would be the authority on whether or not to buy something like this. Price seems decent. Kevin
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

or for a crapy 20 I have in my yard, as well as the next one I'm sure the proff is going to store there.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

The 165 is a good engine for the 25 and 20.
That's a two for one price.

My experience with government boats, DEA, FBI, Marine Patrol, and other abc groups is that they take good care of the stuff.
After all maintenance is not a problem when you have an unending supply of tax dollars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Diesel ... enameZWDVW

Heres the link.

Engines look new.
Setup with Merc housing but can be changed for tranny.

That boat is a heavy boat and I suspect it was underpowered to begin with
To be fast, that boat needs 300 a side.

Really good price.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Very true, especially when the mechanic they use to fix the stuff is not even a mechanic. It is the guy that is willing to work for the lowest bid/salary. As for the Marine Patrol....never, never ever buy something at one of those auctions. There is a reason it is being surplussed. I can prove that! I will say the old Mako's did have extra fiberglass and were tough...but at the expense of your knees and back. Kevin