Seatrial Bertram 570 @ Capemay

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

makomike1

Seatrial Bertram 570 @ Capemay

Post by makomike1 »

Hello, Just wandering if anyone else will be seatrialing Bertrams new 570 @ the Cape May 500 Tourn. I entered on Shiptv web site and they notified me about taking a sea trial on it along with host John Grevitas.
Hope to see some of you there.
Mike
makomike1

seatrial 570

Post by makomike1 »

Sorry for the typo its shipshape tv
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

I won't be there, but give John a slap on the back for providing the only show of its type.

Then give him a slap in the head and tell him to cut down on the commercials and to stop dumbing down the show.
Regards,

Doug L.
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

Actually the shows on refitting the Monterey are not bad.
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

Then give him a slap in the head and tell him to cut down on the commercials and to stop dumbing down the show.
I agree whole heartedly with that comment. That show could be so much better if the writing (if there is any) didn't assume that the audience were a bunch of retards.

Typical scene:
(obviously very competent guest): starts trying to discuss in detail how the boat's hydraulic steering system is put together and works.

(Fat guy): Wait! Stop! Hold up, back up there a minute. SOOOO..... the nut goes on this threaded part here, and then you use this other device here to tighten that nut?

(Guest): yes.

(Fat guy): And this other device here is called aaaaaa......

(Guest): Socket wrench.

(Fat guy): Okay. And now you use this {making quotation marks in the air with his fingers} socket wrench , as you call it, to tighten the nut on this shaft. And that is what keeps the steering wheel from coming off the dashboard?

(Guest): <sigh> Yes.

(Fat guy): Okay. Well folks that's all the time we have today....

I don't know how some of his technical expert guests don't smack him right there when he rudely interrupts what we're all waiting for them to say. I can't even watch it anymore.

Yeah tell him that
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Asking John to quit dumbing down the show would be like asking a woman to pee while standing up.

It is what it is and there ain't a tooth fairy big enough to wish for anything different.
scot

Post by scot »

like asking a woman to pee while standing up.
Bruce...and all along I considered much of Florida as Southern red neck, I guess I was wrong.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I have a question and it is not about John; is Bertram asking you to chip in for fuel?
makomike1

bertram fuel

Post by makomike1 »

I sure hope not, we would not leave the dock. I imagine they burn close to 100 gallons /hr at cruise I would guess. Too rich for my blood.
Michael