2008 Mid-Atlantic Rendezvous Recap

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Charlie

2008 Mid-Atlantic Rendezvous Recap

Post by Charlie »

Mid-Atlantic Rendezvous Recap

The party got started Wednesday. Amberjack, Rascal, Dad’s Toy, Autumn Mist, My Shadow, Rumrunner and THE ROAD started the event off with a few Rum Drinks. Quota arrived on Thursday. The rest of the fleet arrived Friday to great weather. The weather this was great, no rain just some windy nights. We had 25 boats at the dock. Tom’s new 50B Rumrunner was on the T-Head. We had a lot of new faces this year including several friends of Bertram Owners. Theses included a 38Bayliner, a Bruno Stillman, and a 50 Viking. These folks do not own a Bertram; but they like to party like Bertram Owner’s. One boat we called the Vampires, they drank all night and slept all day. George Dent Jr. did a great job cooking at the dock. He kept me well fed. Amberjack kept me supplied with Rum.
Nanni Diesel and Mack Boring represented the engine manufactures. Mack Boring had a little 20Bertram, Mack Attack, powered by a Yanmar diesel and a Bravo IO. The installation was clean. This is a great combination for anyone considering a 20B rebuild. I talked with the owner of a 31 Bertram that was repowered by Nanni last fall. I asked him if was bringing his boat. He said he would really like to but the boat is in Central America. They ran the boat on it’s own bottom to Central America. He related he could not be more pleased with the performance and the outcome of the Nanni Repower. When it comes time for you Repower you really should consider these two sponsors. The rest of the engine manufactures were given a chance to attend. Some made promises some did not even have the courtesy to respond. Mack Boring, Yanmar and Nanni Diesel have stepped up to the plate with CASH and supported our event.
Some of our sponsors choose to send great stuff for the raffle. Of note this year was Bimini Bay Outfitters/Tsunami Fishing Tackle. Jerry Gomber sent 6 rods, two reels, and several fighting belts. I even won one of the reels. Thanks Gerry. Algae-X donated two 500 series fuel conditioning units and fuel additive. Moving Man, a 35 Bertram, was the winner. Darla Hall, Stitches By SWYCE, out did herself this year. The gift packages included two custom folding chairs, a fantastic Bertram Beach Towel and a Ditty Bag. Darla also donated several shirts and pullovers to the Raffle. You need some custom embroidery call Darla. If you want to order any of these items for your boat call Darla. Kevin Bogan sent us a fine example of his Custom Offshore Stand-up Tuna Rod. Richard Kidd, of Allied Richard Bertram fame, won the rod. This is Richard’s 3rd or 4th Rendezvous. We appreciate his support of the Bertram community. When you are looking to improve your Bertram please visit www.bertramrendezvous and click on the sponsor links. They give back to us; we should continue to support them.
We had some notable boats this year. Sherri Lee the 31 Race Boat was at the docks again. A new boat to the event was a beautiful boat from Long Island, Mint. Raymond Reichel has restored Mint better then new. The boat is mint and it is painted mint green. Ray has many custom innovations in this. Ray is in the business and if you want your boat done over by a real Pro give him a call.
We are in the process of gathering the photographs of the event. MarineMax brought the 41 Bertram and free beer.
If you have pictures you want to contribute email them to me labquest.cb@comcast.net We will get them up in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks to all who took time to attend. Thanks to all our sponsors. Please visit www.bertramrendezvous.com to see the pictures of 2008 and check out your sponsors.
Charlie Haws
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

Any pictures posted-can't find
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Craig,

After you click on the "bertramrendezvous" site, click on the photo of the Bertram 41 and it will open up to the photo section. Looks like you guys had a blast.

Tommy
Harv

Post by Harv »

Tommy, those pics are 2007.
This year's pics haven't posted yet.
Harv
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

oops............thanks Harv. I was wondering why Dick Dean's "Irish Wake" showed up in one of the photos given his setback. Thanks for the heads-up.

Tommy
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

Any pics posted yet for the 2008 event?