Rebuild 318 Chrysler engines?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

davidms

Rebuild 318 Chrysler engines?

Post by davidms »

Can any of you guys based on Long Island suggest somebody who can rebuild a chrysler 318 for me?

Thanks,

David S
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Not sure about the condition of yours but I tried to bring mine back to life and it turned out to be very counter productive. Parts, labor, time and headaches in the end will get you a new longblock for similar money. If it needs rebuilt I am assuming you are in need off manifolds and risers etc. Chrysler does not make them anymore also. You using the fiberglass tank?
randall

Post by randall »

on the other hand...my chrysler 360s (1984) were rebuilt in 96 and are still running fine. the manifolds and risers are aftermarket by osco or barr. they were done on LI...ill look at the paperwork and see who did em...previous owner.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

If your talking a full rebuild from blockup, I would consider going to an engine machine shop.

Most all marine shops use machine shops to doo all the block and prep work and then just do the assembly.

In most cases a good engine machine shop can do the whole job for less money since they don't have to markup the maching work which if done complete can run some bucks.

Since a lot of machine shops are tied into high performance, don't get talked into upping the hp.

One thing that really gets over looked is the cam. Lift and duration is important for a smooth running engine.

After all an engine is an engine is an engine.