Anyone have knowledge of Ski-Safe Insurance

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Carl

Anyone have knowledge of Ski-Safe Insurance

Post by Carl »

Subject line pretty much covers it. Geico offered this company for boats. My 31 and dads Hatteras @ $220.00 for his the rates seem way too cheap.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Carl,

My rates are $1650, including charter coverage. Less $500 without.

But now that I think of it, I will call my agent and get an adjustment since she won't be used this year. I would cancel, but figure not breaking the coverage would be in my best interest, especially if something happened in the yard.
Harv
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thanks Harv,
I'm with Allstate now, I pay about 800.00 for the boat. I don't have much in the way of coverage for the boat itself, it's mostly for the damage my boat can cause.

Our car rates really took a jump the last few years (no tickets or accidents with same cars and trucks) and we have started looking around again.

Carl
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Our car rates really took a jump the last few years (no tickets or accidents with same cars and trucks) and we have started looking around again.
Every 6 months my insurance agent shops my policies for price. Don't think I've been with one continious company for years.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

I have boat US and they have me around $900 for 40,000 hull coverage. When I did not go into the water last year due to the start of the repower, I thought I could get a discount for the year, but no way.

I can't wait to see what they charge me after the repower I get an incurease in Hull coverage to cover the new iron.
Kingfish

Post by Kingfish »

If your old enough, you might try AARP/The Hartford Ins.

They saved me quite a bit on home and cars this year. Shopped around for our car and truck and they beat everyone.

When the home came due I checked with them and they came thru again.

Haven't checked to see if they do boats yet, probably not.
Jim
1975 28 FBC
Carl

Post by Carl »

I had a great insurance agent, he would call me with ways to save some money on the premiums. Helped me out of two jams and gave me a go around way to get insurance for my boat, even tried to hook me up with another company t save some cash. In return I gave him all my business, and I sent him lots of customers.

He retired, the service is gone and apparently so will I.
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

The auto insurance guys seem to get you in cheap, and then ratchet up the rates at every renewal... probably gambling that most will be too lazy to go looking for new quotes. Most often in my case they're right, but you should re-shop at least evey 18 mos or so. Every time I have, it was cheaper than the offered auto-renewal price from whataver company I was with.

Now as for boat insurance in coastal Florida? Forgettaboutit... you NY and NJ boys would faint if I told ya what they want for insurance down here
DRIFTER31

Post by DRIFTER31 »

Sean you are on target........One big storm in your area and the price goes thru the roof so as to be almost unaffordable. Example: 31Tiara 1986 year worth say 90k in south La is about 3-4thousand after the hurricanes ripped thru. These companies areripping us all off
Kill Em All ......Let God Sort Em Out