Simplicity Marine of Palmetto, Florida

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Thums Up

Simplicity Marine of Palmetto, Florida

Post by Thums Up »

Anybody have any dealings with these guys? Or better yet bought rebuilt gear or equip from them? I am looking at some rebuilt gears and was seeing the quality of the work......Thanks!
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ScottD

Post by ScottD »

Thums up, I live right down the street for this guy (literally) but couldn't tell you anything about him. His place is also his house and is a pretty messy one at that, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a good product. I,m in tha Abaco's until Sunday, but will check out anything you your interested in.

Scott
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

Thanks for the info. Scott. I always have been skeptical of backyard rebuilders, especially when they say they do hundreds of gears each year. I think I am going to pass.

Just curious, where in the Abacos? I have been to Green Turtle and Treasure cay several times and love it. Haven't been in a couple of years and miss it!
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

I always have been skeptical of backyard rebuilders
While I personally know nothing about Simplicity Marine and can't advise you on them, (him). However, don't be overly quick in dismissing someone who professionally works out of their home... There are a great many professionals that do quality work, are diligent, demanding of themselves & their products that work from home.

Some of the finest craftsmen I know, in their respective fields, work out of their homes. In some cases, a casual passer-by might look upon these operations as "shoe-string" or "shade-tree". They'd be wrong.

Do some more research.

End of 2 cents worth...

Br,

Patrick
randall

Post by randall »

what patrick said
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

agree with capt. pat.. BUT- thier labor rate should reflect this and be a tad lower then a marina that obviously has more expenses.

At least you know where to find them if something goes wrong!
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

agreed Capt. Pat.. But, there were already several things that made me warry. Not to say this guy doesn't do a good job. I don't know him or his work. Maybe some of the best around. But, just to many questions, so it think it is better to keep looking. Thanks for the input!
ScottD

Post by ScottD »

Thums up, I was staying on Lubbers Quarters just across from Talloo Cut. I usually stay on Elbow Cay but wanted to try something different. The fishing stunk, but the weather and week was nice anyway. I have always liked the Abacos.

ScottD