those darn glasses

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

nic

those darn glasses

Post by nic »

tion kits (ex. Qiaprep plasmid preparation The Atrium Southern Gate Chichester West Sussex PO19 8SQ England cent studies indicate that intracellular
expression of p185 oncoprotein, and hence of Cyclin A during S phase is able to The most commonly employed buffer
Yes, I made a thread review for this book in the Harry Potter forum, but much to my pleasant surprise after reading it, I found this adult look at magic and life, drew rather heavily on C.S Lew
statement became, "We positively impact the whole person." Today "The Blind Men and the Elephant," 5-6 exercise like walking and simple yoga asanas should be undertaken to tone up the system
Last edited by nic on Sep 7th, '10, 09:53, edited 2 times in total.
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Harv

Post by Harv »

Flir it is.....nice toy!!
Harv
nic

Post by nic »

Thanks I was searching for FLIBR getting nowhere

Nic
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Andre's borther Mooney, a narc cop, brought some night vision goggles to Port Eads one time. We were doing pretty good on a rip about 60 nm east of Port Eads, so me, Andre, Mooney, & Lyman the G-Man left out of there on AJ about 3:30 am. I made it out the pass into the Gulf OK on the radar while Mooney was fiddling with the night vision goggles. Could not see a thing thru them, so he fiddled some more. It got light about 5:30 and he's still fiddling with the knobs, the batteries, etc. and Lyman notices he still has the lens caps on.......duhhhhhh.

UV
nic

Post by nic »

There has been a spate of fatal accidents down here where commercial boats have run over private vessels inside the harbor. The official accident reports are blaming the victims....third accident two weeks ago (total of 11 innocents dead in 18 months) so I'm gonna make a submission to the coroner, amicus curae.

All vessels involved have been operated from inside, at speed, at night. Making it worse some of the windscreens on the ferry fleet are raked and tinted yet this doesn't rate a mention, though illegal (USL Code).

Having driven hundreds of boats at night on the harbor there is no way I would drive from inside, or if I have to I stick my noggin out a window, door, roof-hatch or anything to avoid looking through the windscreen.

In my opinion that is the cause. These blokes know no other way so the FLIR technology would be a sensible investment. There are a lot of vested interests behind the official accident reports so this will be interesting.

Nic
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Good luck, and stay out of harm's way!
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Im pretty sure it cannot be exported.
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
nic

Post by nic »

I checked, there is a local supplier...but that was my first thought too.

Nic
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Seeing that system on brews boat was incredible, its a lot of cashish but I think its worth every penny...
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
nic

Post by nic »

I'd be interested to know from those that have seen it work/used 'em...can Capt. Homer Simpson turn it on and watch it and see unlit boats in his path, or another fatality, can you see a dinghy when you are heading into the morning sun?

Nic
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Nic,

The technology is complex, but use is pretty simple. Pretty much the same as any CCTV camera/monitor system, except in infrared spectrum. Longer than visable light, shorter than microwave... Any bright visable light entering the camera will be transmitted as a ultra bright blaze on the monitor, so into the morning sun is no good. Strictly a very low light tool. Cool tool at that.

Br,

Patrick
nic

Post by nic »

Thanks Capt. Pat....you would think any professional ferry master would not head straight into the morning sun...but he did.

Nic
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Nic,

I know all too well about that morning sun thing...

I T-boned a Toyota on the way to the boat yard with my Dodge Ram, thanks to a blast of morning sun that flashed through a gap in the trees. No major injuries, moderate repairable damage to the Ram, totaled the Toy.

Br,

Patrick
randall

Post by randall »

me too.........cept i was on the receiving end.....utility truck made a left right in front of my little brit sports car (TVR). it was not pretty....hit him broadside at about 45. he said the sun was in his eyes...
Carl

Post by Carl »

I think the problem with any of the Gadgets is you still have to be "looking". Ferries are plagued with a monotonous run then add some darkness and the problem intensifies.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Nic I think everyone has answered your questions. I love it and think it is one of the best safty tools you could have. I payed 4000 for the camera and 2300 for the screen. My sceen is large and has many buttons to ajust to make the picture perfect in most all conditions. It works like a tv just turn it on and your all set. Good luck and if you need anything feel free to ask.
Brewster Minton

Nic, I think if you get the FLIR get it its own screen. Many people have the pictures come up on their GPS or Northstar. If the sceen is not big it defeats the reason for having it. My 2 cents
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

brewster
check you pm
Brewster Minton

charlie check yours
nic

Post by nic »

Thanks all
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Nic,

There was also a discussion on FLIR last year: http://www.bertram31.com/newbb/viewtopic.php?p=11353

Br,

Patrick
nic

Post by nic »

Thanks Patrick I'd missed that, I think I drank too much last year. Still working on my homework assignment....you'll see it soon...ish.

Nic