Bow chock running lights

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Mack

Bow chock running lights

Post by Mack »

Tried to go for a dinner cruise last week but soon found out that my running lights have decided not to function after being put away for the winter. I got out the electrical meter and found juice running up to the sockets. Bulbs o.k. too, so time to pull out the can of CX. I got a few bursts of light out of them after soaking in CX, however I believe that after 35 years the sockets and the wiring to them are finally toast. Checked Worst Marine and the local auto parts store for replacements but came up dry.

Any suggestions on where I could find replacement light sockets that fit into an original bow chock?

Thanks in advance!
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I think that Dug's guy should machine some. You remember him...... The guy who ran away with the Bow Chock money.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

The interest alone is a sizable sum..........
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Mack,
The only source that I know of for stuff like that is Danny at High Tide Marine.
He has all sorts of cool Bertram stuff.

http://www.hightidemarine.cc/
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Take a pair of standard 12V 2 wire pigtailed bulb sockets with a flat circular base pressed on them. I have also seen them with oval bases with 2 holes in them so they can be screwed down. These will usually not fit in the hole at the base of each side. Usually a bit too big. Either with a pair of shears or a bench grinder, trim the bases so they DO fit into those holes. Pass your wires through the holes, connect to the pigtails and test to see if they work. Then coat the bases with silicone and press back onto the holes. Clear silicone the bottoms of the red and green glasses and set in. The same goes for the tops. Screw down the covers. I would suggest putting it all together without the silicone first as any adjustments you'd want to make can be messy once the silicone has been applied. Walter
bobfioresi

Post by bobfioresi »

try del city 1 800 654 4757 ask them to fax you page 184 i think its item 73514 double contack park/stop/tail/turn lamp and or item 73509 on page 185 double contact.If they won't send it to you e mail me and i'll fax you the pages. I think this is what you want. bob frayed knot 31 express
Kingfish

Post by Kingfish »

Jim
1975 28 FBC
Mack

Post by Mack »

Thanks for all of the options guys. I am looking forward to finding a long term fix so I can move on to other boat projects! Will keep you post as to how it ends up. Thanks again.
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"