Fred Greis's father

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Fred Greis's father

Post by Dug »

This is an amazing place. I am reminded all the time.

I recieved a fax this morning from Harry Woods telling me that Fred Greis's father had passed away, and he saw it in the local paper. Harry, thank you for letting me know.

I also recieved an email from Karen, Fred's wife. I thought it was prescient, and wanted to share it with all here who know Fred, have heard his heartwarming story about bringing his dad down to the boat yard to see his boat for the first time. He told it at many of the rendezvous in the past, most memorably at the first Montauk get together...

Here is the email from Karen.

Dear Family & Friends,

I am sorry to share with you that Fred's Dad passed Friday April 25 at Stony-brook Hospital.

In March he was diagnosed with an aggressive form of lung cancer and given 6 to 12 months, we had hoped for a gift of 3 months. Durning the visit to the hospital on wed for hydration Dad took a turn for the worse. He passed peacefully on Friday morning surrounded by his children.

Services are Monday April 29 and Tuesday April 30Th, 2-4pm and 7-9pm at Weber funeral home in ronkonkoma, NY. Private Cremation services on wed April 31 at Washington memorial park.

As always, thank you for your love and support...and if your parents are alive...please remember to hug/ call them while you can.

Love Karen

Thank you all for your frienship here, and for caring to share.

Best,

Dug
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Fred & Karen,

Sorry for your loss!

Br,

Patrick
Harv

Post by Harv »

My condolences to Karen & Fred.
Harv
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

fred and karen
my condolences also
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

I went to the wake yesterday. Fred's dad was 91 and still very active. He had a happy life and was into boats big time. His daughter had his boat shoes put on for the viewing. He was a fine man. And has a great family.
A/K/A El Gaupo