Tef Gel & CX

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Tef Gel & CX

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I have a pair of 500 watt Hella 120 v. spreader lights on the back of AJ's half tower.....years they have been up there and one burned out, time to change the bulb. The stainless screw into the aluminum housing that holds the glass on was gonna be a problem to get out standing on a ladder to boot....wrong....I had Tef Gel-ed the hardware years ago and the screw came out easy with a small screwdriver....good stuff.

One of my GPS units would not turn off, had to disconnect the power cable, so shot it good with CX all over, wainted a few months and yesterday it worked flawlessly.

Me & the Bride took ole AJ for a high speed ride in the Loooooozinana sun yesterday and she ran like a Swiss clock, 2650 rpms, 27 kts WOT, smooth as silk....... The Coasties were out in their orange RIB and just waved at us, a B31 is too pretty to stop????? Did the teak window frames, door and cockpit trim and oiled them good, looks like new, but my back is a little sore.

All is well in Coonassland, and the crawfish from TNT were as usual, perfect. There is a place in Baton Rouge, Tony's Seafood, that will ship live crawfish anywhere....they put the 40# sack in a heavy plastic bag, inject the bag with pure O2, seal it and put some cool packs in the box...good for 3 or 4 days....I had them ship a few sacks to Waterbury, CT years ago and did a boil for some friends up there, every one was live. www.tonysseafood.com

I'll trade some crawfish for some lobsters and steamer clams, maybe some scallops too. Crawfish season runs out about June tho.

UV
Garry

Post by Garry »

UV,

"Mr. Roy these flares are older than I am" said the USCG Officer who boarded AJ in the Mississippi River one late spring evening as we were returning from a day of chasing blue suits.....

Hi Pockets
Buju

Post by Buju »

UV,
Thanks for the link to Tony's... ( http://www.tonyseafood.com )- only 1 's' in the address.
I sent them a couple of emails a few days ago to find out their going rates on the crawfish ( they don't have it posted on their website) but no one is replying... Guess I should just call 'em huh?

If you're willing to send crawfish... I could, without a doubt, send live lobsters starting early Aug. I don't know what you would consider a good trade (lbs. for lbs.) but I'd go out of my way to make sure you're taken care of...
Can't help you with the scallops or steamers, more of a central FL thing...
If it's a pain in the ass, and you'd rather do more enjoyable activities, I completley understand...

Mark
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

just took my 500 halogens down to re finish, thought i put never sieze on them, guess not had to heat the screws up to take them
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Mark - I'll call Tony's after while and sure, I love FL lobsters - split 'em and do them on the grill with lemon, butter & garlic.....make you slap yo' momma.....

Charlie - I was amazed how easy the screws came out using the Tef Gel after all those years....also, noticed the paint was still good on the housing, guess doing all the hardware with TG cut out all the electralysis.....good stuff.

UV
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

paint peeling off of the light and looking like crap is just from the enviorment, and neglect, always like never size will have to pick up some teg gel next time i see it
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

will have to pick up some teg gel next time i see it
Charlie,
Here it is: TefGel
Buju

Post by Buju »

Sounds good UV...

I'll catch up with you via PM in the next couple of days...
Crustacean for Crustacean, thats good biz in my book...

Have also got some real good ways of preppin' and eatin' our FL bugs, none of which I wouldn't want to share... Bahamian Lobster Salad, Lobster Bruschetta Pizza, etc.. I look forward to getting some bugs your way.

Thank you in advance sir.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

thanks for the link cap, the hallo lights are being glass beaded should have them back today. iam pretty much ready to rock and roll, just have tighten up the belts and put the gear on board.i figure another couple of weeks and the we should have some good size bass comming in. found the leak, was not coming from the dripless as i tought due the water on the out side of the stringers, have to tighten port rudder packing or replace