Doug, John, Crae or other mid-Bay Bertram guys I haven't met

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

John F.

Doug, John, Crae or other mid-Bay Bertram guys I haven't met

Post by John F. »

The Anna E. is in, and mostly ready. I plan on doing a pre-season C&R rock outing tomorrow afternoon to make sure boat is right, gear is good to go, etc. I'm going to leave the dock around 3 pm, run about 1 mile to where the fish have been holding, and hopefully have some fun. Plan on being back in by 6 pm or so. Let me know.

John F.
Mack

Post by Mack »

John-
How did you do? I skipped the opener and went to a blow boat regatta in Charleston instead. First time in 9 years that I missed opening day. I heard the weather was great but the action slow. We had a great regatta in Charleston and won our class. I did a quick preseason trip and picked up a +40" fish over by you.

I had planned to take a few folks out this morning, however I woke up to a major thunderstorm passing through. Given that MD had 2 tornados yesterday, I decided to postpone the trip for another day. I plan to take another shot either Friday or Saturday this week. Let me know if you would like to join me on Sat.
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"
John F.

Post by John F. »

Crae-

I was buried in kid sports on Saturday, and the O's game on Sunday. I heard from guys coming in that up by the bridge it was slow, and that south of Eastern Bay it was pretty good. There was supposed to be a real hot bite off Cheas. Beach and Deale. I got out Thurs. with lines in for about an hour, and got a nice healthy 36" fish. Boat ran well. I'll let you know about next weekend. Thanks.

John
joeh

Post by joeh »

Annapolis and Baltimore guys,

Please count me in if anyone tries a get together. I am in annapolis and would love to have a local pow wow downtown with the boat if anyone is interested.

Joe
Mack

Post by Mack »

Joe-
The wife and I are without kids this evening so we were thinking that we would take a run over to Cantler's tonight via B31. Care to join us?
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"
John F.

Post by John F. »

Got out for a few hours Wed am and this am. Got a 38" Wed. and a 36" today. Supposed to be slow both days--it was for us. I heard that yesterday am, it was great. Friend was on a boat today that got 1 30" fish by noon today, and had caught 14 fish by 8 am Thursday. That's fishin'.

Crae- You should leave early enough to troll over to Cantlers. Go by the ships--supposed to be one of the hot spots.

John F.
Mack

Post by Mack »

I was supposed to take some clients out today but they backed out (so I went into the office - I hate when that happens!!)

Taking a few folks tomorrow a.m. though.

You are the third person that has mentioned the ships. Sounds like I need to take a detour this evening.
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"