Pete, you had to mention transom vents didn't you

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Pete, you had to mention transom vents didn't you

Post by Bruce »

After mentioning the transom vents Venture used before redoing the hull, I get a call from Gary Nicklaus about that Sterling he owns.

With those Yanmar 315's and Bravo drives he was complaining about low speed.(boats way over weighted for those engines)

Seems he talked Mastry into putting Bravo 3's on and gained some speed. Problem is there's really not enough hull lift even with the step so it leans over. He wants Dolphin wings on the drives and two vents in the step on each side.

Trouble is there is really no access with the cap on to the step area. I'm getting the boat on Thurs to try and figure it out.
You just had to mention something as obscure as that, didn't you.

BTW, I didn't hear from Al on Amore Mia so I guess he made it back home. They were gonna run the ditch back. Cabin had a hugh puddle of water on the counter in front of the head after the weekend rain.

Met his wife and son. Really nice family. When I mentioned about horses to her being an expensive hobby, she jokingly replied that Al was giving her a run for her money with the boat. HA.................
Last edited by Bruce on Apr 9th, '08, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Bruce,

I'll call you about the vent system they put in for breaking suction at the transom.
Cabin was locked on the Bertram when I was there on Thursday, more than likely a leak from around fixed side window or from the aft window in the head. It rained sideways and wind gusted to 70 mph here early Sunday A.M. That same storm turned a GulfStream jet 180 degrees on the tarmac at Stuart and moved my friends chopper 90 degrees and 5' backwards.
Horses are way more expensive than boats, I could have completely restored 4 31's for what I've spent on the four legged beasts over the past 30 years.