For all you old guys

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

AndreF

For all you old guys

Post by AndreF »

I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
nic

Post by nic »

What's the date on that web-site?

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
Harv

Re: For all you old guys

Post by Harv »

Harv
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

That's Your April Fool's joke for this year! Walter
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

I saw the above as a two page ad on pages 18 and 19 of the April issue of "Sport Fishing" magazine. It is either a great April Fools joke or a sad commentary of what some people consider "sport"!
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

It's their second annual April Fools issue.
clay

Post by clay »

I heard that this place is great.

Most of the funding for the pens came from Exxon as part of a Federal subsidized grant for “renewable energy" seems that the floats on the nets are made from soybean meal that is somehow more durable than plastic. They are using Willy Nelson bio-diesel fuel in the boats and because the pens are only 12 miles off-shore they have cut fuel consumption by 60% compared to a normal one day charter in the GOM. Finally our tax dollars are being put to good use.

A buddy of mine fished there a few months ago, he hooked up to a grander about 10 seconds after the boat got into the pen, and he fought it for an hour before the bill got fouled in the net. He said the crew was great they swam down and bangsticked the fish and had him on deck in about 10 minutes, packed him in ice and they were back at the dock by noon. The fish was flown to China that night direct from Houston where a fiberglass mold was made from the real fish, he said the fiberglass mount taken from the mold will then be flown to Antwerp where a team of highly skilled painters trained by the DeBeers diamond company will paint the mount by hand using the 300+ digital photos taken by the world renowned photographer Vidal Sasquatch to replicate an exact rendering of the fish.

Exxon is picking up the whole cost of the mount as part of their lobbying effort in congress for additional tax cuts they say are required to continue this effort to save America Fishermen from sky rocketing fuel cost. The fish will be displayed in the new Federal Building in Paducah KY for a year then it gets turned over to him. He plans on displaying it at his Ice House in Vidor Texas.

He would not discuss cost with me because he had to sign some sort of non-disclosure form but he did say plan on six figures if you go for a grander package with all the frills.