Happy Easter

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Babb

Happy Easter

Post by Harry Babb »

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter and good day with Family and Friends........

Personally I am looking forward to the afternoon "Down at the River" with my family.......especially my 4 soon to be 5 Grandchildren.

Here south of I-10 the entire landscape is covered with Yellow Pollen and spring has sprung for sure........yesterday I had my first major Sneeze attact for the year........and will be continuing to sneeze almost uncontrolably for about 6 weeks..........thank God that winter is now past us.......BRING ON THE SNEEZING.......and warmer weather

Harry
hb
neil

Post by neil »

Not only is it easter its the first day of winter flounder season in jersey,jr and i went out and caught flounder dinner happy easter to all
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Same to ya'll....me & the Bride had the kids, spouses and 7 grandkids over for lunch.....I did a boston butt, a big one, 11#. Did a few things different this time......first, sliced the fresh garlic into quarter inch slivers and nuked them in the microwave for 40 seconds....just enough to soften them some but not enough to make them mushy where they are hard to jam down in the stab holes in the roast. Makes the garlic softer when the meat is cut....second, modified the rub some - sea salt, Tony Chacherie's, crushed (puree') garlic, grey poupon mustard, and olive oil to make it a thin paste to rub. Good. Finally, I cooked it a lot longer, mostly since it was so big. Bride poked me in the ribs at 5 am, got up and put the already garlic stuffed roast in the oven at 275 degrees, it was just barely thawed out, temp in the middle was about 31....put it on a big baking pan with foil lining and on a wire stand to keep the bottom off the pan. Cooked it in the oven for 3 and a half hours, then about 8:30 slapped it on the bbq pit on indirect heat. Magic wireless therometer said it was 79 in the middle when I ut it on the pit, used wet hickory chips to make some smoke and it slowly came up to temp, shooting for 165...by 11 it was up to about 144, we needed to eat at noon, so fired up another burner and by noon thirty it hit 165 on the nose....then you take it off, put it on the serving platter and cover it with foil for 15 minutes. A few minutes late, but the little kids were hiding easter eggs anyway (sunny and 70s in Coonassland).

The best pork roast ever by all accounts, so cooking it real slow for 7 or 8 hours is worth it.

After the gang left I sealed the slate patio I've been rebuilding with an acrylic sealer using a new method where you just pour a puddle out of a gallon can and spread it around with a short nap paint roller on a long handle you jam with a nail so it can't roll...sort of a short nap squeege....worked like a charm - did a 900 sq ft patio in about an hour & a half vs. trying to paint it on that takes 2 days. My new career, UV's Patio Repair.

UV