Fishing/charter recommendation in Venice, LA

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JK

Fishing/charter recommendation in Venice, LA

Post by JK »

A couple of my friends want to head to Venice, LA to do some offshore fishing this August. Can anyone recommend a place to stay and a good charter outfit? I believe their plan is fly on a Wednesday and come back to Philly (hopefully) on Sunday.

Thanks.

-JK
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

JK, that time of year its so hot in the daytime that overnight trips are the way to go. They whack the YF tuna at night around the floating oil rigs offshore. Plus we have a dirty little secret.....lotta swords at ngiht between the 200 and 300 fathom curves, only 12 miles off.

My son, the rich and famous Capt. Brent, is taking me sac a lait fishing tomorrow in a mutual friend's 1,000 acre front yard and I'll ask him who is the best for offshore that time of year and let you know.

UV
JK

Post by JK »

Thanks UV. Luke's got the itch to fish out of Venice again!

--JK
Bfenske

Post by Bfenske »

JK, i've been wanting to fish there too but i do know someone who has fished there before and they said they went on reelpeace charters out of venice. they fished with a captain devlin and were very satisfied. here is the link to their website. http://www.reelpeace.com

Hey Vicroy, most people on the board probably don't know a sac a lait is the cajun name for crappie, but since I have family in Zachary, I knew what you were saying.