boat haulers

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

1962 31

boat haulers

Post by 1962 31 »

been lurking on the site for a while first post. i purchased a 62 express cruiser located in northern mass i live in jersey and cant seem to find anyone who can haul it. I keep getting excuses from guys like their trailer is broke or their shoe is untied. do any of you guys know anybody in jersey or mass that is a reputable hauler that can get my baby
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

I found a guy by the name of Cliff Carlton his hauling company is BCR transport, and his phone number is/was 410-459-1143

He hauled my 25 FBSF from Cape Cod to Oshkosh Wisconsin for about $500 less than anyone else I checked with. His stuff looked top notch and he was very proffesional, sent me all his credentials for insurance and the like, no complaints, might be worth a look.

Best to ya,
Mark
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
GEO

Post by GEO »

Ask for Dana at J&J Marine in Somerset Mass. Good guy, owns the rig and fair price...800.838.3996

Also call Joule Yacht Transport. They are nationwide but have a storage yard in Flemington NJ where they change loads. They moved a bunch of molds and a hull I designed last year...on time and on budget. 800.237.0727

Good luck.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

I had Niemic Marine from New Bedford Mass move my 66 from Conn. to Mass. Brad and Marty Niemic are great guys and treat you right.

Phone # is 508-997-7390.

The driver they have was first rate and put my boat into a real tight spot like it was nothing.

BR, BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
charlie falkenstein

Post by charlie falkenstein »

CLAY ADAMS IN THE SOMERS POINTN.J. AREA I DONT HAVE HIS NUMBER BUT I KNOW HE IS LISTED
Carl

Post by Carl »

62 31,
Congrads, I have the same 62 31 Express.

Did you think about just cruising her all the way home. It's all downhill so you'll save on fuel.

Okay seriously, if she is in good running condition you can have a great experience with your new boat for a similiar cost of hauling it.

Just a thought.
Carl
1962 31

Post by 1962 31 »

thanks for all the info i found a guy who seems very professional named Ben from discount marine services out of Maryland. good price so we will see what happens. and Carl she is FAR from any running condition let alone good . i will post some pics when its at the shop hopefully in the next ten days. again thanks for the input