BIG DIESELS

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Craig Mac

BIG DIESELS

Post by Craig Mac »

I was in Stuart Fl last weekend--and saw a 31 blocked up on Dixie Highway--noted that it had big shafts and wheels--Knew it was a diesel--upon closer inspection noted that the hull had large bubbles in the hull to accomodate probably transmissions----i heard that rybovich used to do this-but it was a first i saw in a bertram.

No one to speak to --what the power was.
RussP

Post by RussP »

It was most likely the boat in Port Salerno. The owner of the shop has the personality of a dog turd and thinks he knows it all but I could find out if you want.

RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

russ, yes you are correct---i was just curious what motors and if those appendages effect the boat one way or another. the boat was rough. i love the area, always something interesting to look at.
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

RussP wrote:...has the personality of a dog turd and thinks he knows it all....

Don't varnish it, tell us what you really think
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

And they say everyone has a twin.
Guess I found mine.
Pete Fallon

Big Deisels

Post by Pete Fallon »

Craig,

The boat you saw in Port Salerno was orginally from the other coast of Florida, It sank during one of the hurricanes, been sitting for a couple of years. It's got a pair of 370 hp Yanmars and they added a bubble(step in hull) so the engines would fit in the boxes. It was reciently sold to a guy from Italy. Boat is in rough shape, has extra fuel tanks and has large squirrel cage blowers behind each engine for air supply. Reported to have sold in the low 30's. Lot's of work to be done to her.
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

Pete, thanks for the info. I see you are from the area---do you know the boat near the inlet with the tower on the lift?
Pete Fallon

Big Deisels

Post by Pete Fallon »

Craig,
If your talking about the 31 on Rocky Point opposite Sailfish Marina(across from Sand Sprit Park) I don't know who owns it, never seen it off of it's lift. Been there for at least 10 years. If your in the area again give me a call (561-310-7179 cell). Bruce that guy makes you look like a Massachusetts liberal, Russ is right the guy thinks his turds don't stink.
captbone

Post by captbone »

Any pictures? Thanks
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

craig the installer did not have to "wack" the bottom of that 31 to install a 370 yanmar jusy a little inginuity would make it the best power for a 31bert. zf90ivts is a two speed trans with a 12degree down angle.you could unleash that power yet idle down to 5mph.the trans. allows you to mount the engine in the stock engine compartment with stock hatch.