Morse Throttle Slip

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

tippers

Morse Throttle Slip

Post by tippers »

Hi Guys

Can anybody give me advise on how to stop the throttle levers slipping on my Morse contols.

Max revs 3000 above that they slip back to 3000,new cables installed.

Bertram 30 and 31 Express.

John
Skipper Dick

Post by Skipper Dick »

John,

There should be some screws that provide friction on the leavers. Take the housing off and find them other than the screws that adjust the cable length. Don't screw them down too tight otherwise you could strip the friction application. I've had that happen. Then you have to modify the friction control. You want them to feel comfortable, but not too restrictive and definately not slipping when you take your hand off the controls.

Dick
1983 Bertram 28 FBC w/300 Merc Horizon
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I don't know if my controls are Morse or Teleflex or whatever but I had the same problem.

Since sometimes I tend to overlook the obvious and complicate things I took the entire control off and started disassembling it when I discovered that there is an adjustment screw accessable without taking anything apart.

The screw on my controls is on the handle and tightens aganist a friction on the shaft.........the best I can remember is that when you tighten the friction it tightens both the shift and the throttle.

Harry
hb
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

If you don't have friction stops, try small hose clamps around the cable to pinch the jacket some. Morse makes a special clamp that does the same thing.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
tippers

Post by tippers »

Thanks for all the help will try these fix`s

John