Cabo fishing tournament

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Cabo fishing tournament

Post by MarkS »

For anyone that might be thinking of going to Cabo this October. I got involved in this last year and it was a blast. I managed to get Kingfish involved as he had posted on here that he was going to Cabo for his anniversary, so I PM'd him and said hey, ya wanna, and he said if the boss lets me! We ended up in second place and just missed winning the can coozy by a couple of Dorado, $hit! Anyway if any one is going to be down there around then or of they want to flex their schedule a little, it is guaranteed fun, with lots of fluids. Looks like $20 per head to get in! Boats are roughly $500 per day all inclusive through Redrum charters!
Mark

Trip Advisor Post:
Trip Advisor 2nd Annual Black & Green Fishing Tournamnet!
I cannot convey how much fun this event was last year, or how a bunch of people who had never met before managed to enjoy each others company for 3 days, plus countless individual gatherings. If you are at all considering this, or feel unsure if this is for you, don't hesitate to personal message me or any other of the forum charcters that participate in this post. It is really more like a social gathering where 80% of the people fished. Not to mention the fact that you are in Cabo and it is all part of the Cabo spirit! A sleepy little drinking village, with a fishing problem!
The 2008 Trip Advisor 2nd annual Black & Green fishing tournament is a bragging rights only, fun for all men and women, event that is to be held October 6 & 7 2008. All who visit Trip Advisor, along with family or friends are welcome to join in the fun. It is based on 4 person teams per boat. We are currently putting teams together, you do not need to form your own team as slots are available, but teams are welcome too! For further information feel free to send me a PM by clicking on my name. The first year was a tremendous success and the second is to be even better! YOU are invited to come along!
The last day that we will honor request to join will be May 1st 2008. YOU have time to get involved!
Tournament Dates:
Sunday, October 5, 2008: Captains Meeting 5pm-ish
Monday, October 6, 2008: Day 1 competition 6am Tuesday, October 7, 2008: Day 2 competition 6am
Wednesday, October 8, 2008: Banquet Dinner at Missiones de Kino 6-7pm-ish
Other locations to be announced. Keep tuned in for updates.
=========================================
Current teams:
Boat: Tantrum
Team: Wahoo Walkers
Members: Donna (dmwalker), Matt (shadowbozo), Walker (Walkman), & Walker's grandson, Josh
Boat: Rumrunnin
Team: Yachtmerchant's Liver Transplant Team
Members: Terry (MNman), Mark (Fish4Brains), Dan (eldanjo), & Jim (Kingfish)
Boat: El Nuevo RedRum
Team: Baja Barachos
Members: Jim (YachtMerchant), Jorge (Geoman), Mike (Cabo Mike), & Barry (Parman)
Boat: Utopia
Team: A Team 2 Spoiled
Members: Annie (bananie/0326aw), Warren (o831ww), Dave (dreamsofcabo), & Brian Chow
Boat: Reelrum
Team: Too Short
Members: Dave (Dgus), Don (Z28Guy), Chris (Whtlightning), & Gloria
Boat: TBA
Team: Team Solid
Members: Pam (Bajamama), Bruce, Keith & Tiffany
Boat: Original "Redrum" 31 Bertram
Team: TBA
Members: Bob & Kerry (Redneck1) Tom & Kim (TJride)
Boat: Solmar VII
Team: Sharkey's Ringers
Members: Tom (Sharkslayer) plus 3 shady characters
Boat: Solmar I
Team: No Use For A Name
Members: Pete(TheStumbler)&Cindy(LuvinCabo)observing Jim & Kathy (margaritamama)observing
This boat needs 2 more fisher people
Participants Using other charter companies
name:
Mike (mac1075) plus 3 (Cabo Magic charter)
Welcome to all of you currently signed up and to those of you that are still interested, we hope that is YOU! There is no limit to entry participants.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1 ... ornia.html
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Kingfish

Post by Kingfish »

What he said, it was a hoot!

Didn't know a soul before that weekend, made a lot of new friends.

This year looks to be a larger group.

Never saw so many Stripe Marlin in my life. They were surfing the swells, flashing under the swin step all lite up. We had doubles going several times. The Marlin were chasing bait balls all over the Golden Gate Bank. All bill fish were released, some of the Dorado were released some were served for dinner!

If anyone thinks they would like to join in contact Mark or myself.
Jim
1975 28 FBC