hawaii

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Charlie J

hawaii

Post by Charlie J »

ok guys, eileen and i are going to hawaii for 2 weeks in oct, need some recomendations for fishing.will be spending a week on the big island and a week on maui
TailhookTom

Hawaii

Post by TailhookTom »

Charlie:

On Big Island -- Northern Lights -- on Maui -- Finest Kind -- they are twin 37 Merritts -- awesome boats. I've fished on both, absolutely world class operations.

Tom
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

thanks tom
i also found on the old site in the links the boat sea strike a 31, that would be my 1st choice
TailhookTom

Another 31

Post by TailhookTom »

Just as an FYI, the guy the owns/runs the Finest Kind has two Bertram Charterboats as well -- a 35 -- Reel Hooker, and a 31 -- Exact. All three boats operate out of Lahaina Harbor.

Where are you staying on both islands? I can make some recommendatinons if you haven't been there before.

Tom
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

tom
thanks for the info, on the big island we are staying at the hilton, i forget the name of the hotel on maui. first time there.
TailhookTom

Maui

Post by TailhookTom »

Charlie: There is a terrific Italian restaurant on Maui in Lahaina -- Longhis--one of the best I have ever eaten at. I highly recommend it.
Tony Meola

hawaii

Post by Tony Meola »

Charlie

Its been 10 years but my wife and I fished on the Sundowner a 35 Bert out of Kona, before they became really famous. I have to say that they were pretty good back then. Tony Meola
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Charlie, In Kona fish on the 35 Bertram Ihu Nui with Mcgrew Rice. My 31 was their past boat with a lot of history in tounament wins and world records. In Maui fish on my friends boat the Hookela, Capt Kim. Or if your looking for a 31 Bertram try the Desparodo with Capt Dan in Lahaina, Maui. Ken
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

thanks for all the inside info guys, will put it to good use
JPRS51

Post by JPRS51 »

Just got back last night from Maui. Fished with Start Me Up. They have 5 Bertram 42s. Caught a Short Billed Spear Fish. I guess the fishing has been off for a couple weeks now. They seemed pretty happy to have caught my fish and a 150 lb Blue Marlin. I guess the Tuna and Wahoo fishing has been non-existant. I would check at the docks in Lahaina at around 1pm when most of the boats come in. Check a couple days before you go out fishing so you can see if it is worth it.

http://www.sportfishingmaui.com/index.html
Jeff S

Hal

Re: hawaii

Post by Hal »

Tony Meola wrote:Charlie

Its been 10 years but my wife and I fished on the Sundowner a 35 Bert out of Kona, before they became really famous. I have to say that they were pretty good back then. Tony Meola
The Sundowner used to be Norm Isaacs boat before he moved to Florida to run the BXRL. Captain Erik Rusnak, aka "Merlin" took her over and is running her now. They very recently got their first grander and Sundowner should be the closest thing to a sure thing you'll find. It's a 35 Bertram and the prices down there are always reasonable.

http://www.alohalures.net/

alohalures@yahoo.com