Deltaville, VIRGINIA 23043

Starting Bid: $5,000.00
Bid Increment: $100.00
Tax Imposed: NO
Auction Ends: Monday, January 14, 2008 at 7:00 AM ET

Auction Site: http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmSelector ... StartRow=1
Mack

Post by Mack »

I inspected the last set they auctioned when I was down in the Deltaville area a few years ago. They were all pretty rough. This set of boats actually look like they run and have been used recently.
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"
Harv

Post by Harv »

They all seem to have fiberglass decks and MPI gas motors that seem to be relatively well kept. With all these Bertrams they are dumping, I wonder what they are getting as replacements?
Harv
scot

Post by scot »

The engines look new in one of the boats...7.4's. I like the HD bumpers on the sides.

Starting bid is one thing, but how much do these boats typically end up selling for?
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
neil

Post by neil »

scott we got one from the last auction,we paid 30k for a 66 bahiamar that has served us well . we dropped 30 into it and could not be happier. the engines is these boats look alot better than last time. thanks capt patrick for posting this auction that is how we found ours neil
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

hey guys,
save yourself all that hard work and just buy mine.i do agree the engines in thos 31s look pretty good, do they tell you how many hrs on them.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

If anyone is truly interested I'd be glad to go over and give them a look. Only about twenty miles from here.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Alex

Post by Alex »

The marine patrol officers that ran my auction boat got a center console Maycraft to replace it. They hate it. They stopped me two years ago for a safety check just so they could write in their log book that they pulled over their old boat. I've seen another Virginia Marine Patrol replacement that was some fugly aluminum hull with pontoons. My guys with the Maycraft must laugh at them.

Alex
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Mikey go over and let us know whats up with thoses boats. I have two friends that are thinking about it and they want to know. They want to be Eagle drivers!!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I'm going over to look at them myself next week. I have a friend who may be interested if the price is right. I looked at the Cape Charles at the dock in Reedville this fall. It appears to be in much better shape than the earlier batch they sold.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Jareb

Post by Jareb »

Mikey wrote:If anyone is truly interested I'd be glad to go over and give them a look. Only about twenty miles from here.
Mikey,
I'm interested in the Tangier or Cape Charles. If you happen to get enough people interested and you go take a look at them; please post your opinions here or email me off the forum. I'd like a FBC, but these seem nice if they dont go too high.
Thanks
John
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Rawleigh,
My week is open. Let me know when you're going, I'd like to tag along. Two pair of eyes are better than one.
Mikey
-Albert Einstein
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

OK Mikey!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Mikey & Rawleigh,
I am interested in either of the FBC models. Given the current economy and my profession I may have to dump Crows Nest. Please check them out and let me know your thoughts. I would drive down and look at them myself before submitting a bid but would like to hear your thoughts.

Shoot me and email or call me- crowsnest31@msn.com
or 410-200-4386.

Thanks
Doug
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I know Charlie wants all the money for his girl, and he should get it. but MOJO has a VERY motivated seller, who will entertain any reasonable offer. if any of those guys don't find what they want in Va.
Mitch
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Guys, an update. Our first opportunity to go to Deltaville was today. Unfortunately the boats were locked up. I'll try again tomorrow.
Mikey
-Albert Einstein
CMP

Post by CMP »

Hmmm, might have to pick one of those up and go 3 for 3 center console conversions. After all, I know a guy who'll have space for me in the not-too-distant future...

CMP
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Huhhhhhhhhhh?
Jareb

Post by Jareb »

Mikey/Rawleigh,
Were either of you guys able to check out the 31's from the marine patrol? Any good or bad reports?
Thanks
John
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Unfortunately I've been tied up with end of year/first of year business crap and haven't been able to go look during the business week.. Mikey went over Sunday, but the boats were locked up. He said he was going to go back this week sometime and look. Rawleigh
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Going this afternoon.
Mikey
-Albert Einstein
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Froze my butt off yesterday but had a chance to look over the three VA boats. Did not do a survey but can give you what I saw and heard from Capt. Steve Pope of the VA Marine Police who met me there. My camera came up lame so no pictures, sorry. The sedan (Wicomico) was purchased new and the two flybridges were purchased used. The serial numbers and build info usually found in the forward berth under the port bunk did not exist on any of the three. All appear to be serviceable as is but will need upgrading. The power plants in all look good. Wiring is bundled and for the most part looks serviceable. Bonding looked good as far as I could trace under the circumstances. The wood below decks including engine support and bulkheads looked better than I expected. Engine beds all looked sound and as far as I could see the bulkheads looked good. The state stickers have been scraped off and the hulls may polish up but those stickers were on there for a long time so paint will probably be needed eventually. All the window frames are in sad but serviceable condition. Appears that all have lost their bonding wires and have some 'eatup.' All have forward heads. All hulls appear sound with no evidence of blistering. All below-waterline metal looks sound. All hulls should be blasted to glass and repainted. All have two cabin heaters. All are documented.
The sedan was under the command of the same individual since new, I'm told, but the general maintenance was the least impressive of the three.

TANGIER: real hull number 314-910 as found in the original owners manual found aboard, built 1969. The ladder to the flybridge is missing. Small 28 rudders with upper bearings. This boat had a towing post installed and had major cracks in the gunnel aft center and at both hawse pipes. Appears to have tried unsuccessfully to tow the Queen Mary. The cracks do not appear to have extended to the hull. This will need some repair but does not appear serious. This boat has 4" exhaust. The hull under the starboard strut has been repaired as though it had an incursion with an immovable object. Repair is nicely done. The log book was on this boat.

CAPE CHARLES: 5" exhaust. Small 28 rudders with upper bearings. There is an extra set of props on this unit.

WICOMICO: This boat was Captained by Al Fisher Jr. of Reedville, VA. most of her service life. Pope says he will be glad to discuss her. Give him a call. This has a towing post installed but no apparent damage from same. 5" exhaust. Bigger 28 rudders, later style.

Thats as much as I could get before turning to a block of ice. If any of you have specific questions, ask. If I did not own a 31 and was in the market for one I would definitely bid. They will all need work but appear to be sound boats. All were running when dry docked. Looks like the State boys took reasonable care of their charges. Interestingly Capt. Pope had never heard of Bertram31.com. If I may be of further help, offer money to Capt. Pat for the site and I'll do my best.
Mikey
-Albert Einstein
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

"Junior" fisher is now a Deputy in the Northumberland Sheriff's Dept.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Jareb

Post by Jareb »

Mikey,
Thanks for your efforts and report!
neil

Post by neil »

the first one went for 30 k
chris pague

Wicomico

Post by chris pague »

Mikey; I have Jr Fishers phone #s if you want them? He will talk your ear off about the Wicomico.. Let think he only pulled me over how many times?
Chris
neil

Post by neil »

the other two go off tonite at 7 and 8 pm . jr talked me into bidding on another one . we have two bertrams and we figured what the hell ,a 3rd wont kill us,thank god we still only have two,. neil and jr