Writing a Novel

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Roarque

Writing a Novel

Post by Roarque »

New to Bertram31.com but a long time member of continuouswave.com and current user of a Boston Whaler for salmon fishing in the Strait of Georgia. Come winter, I fish less ( it is after all a Boston Whaler ;-) ) and spend more time writing. The novel I am writing now requires a chapter where a woman with hand tools has about half an hour to secretly remove a stash of cash from a boat such as a Bertram 31. I am looking for ideas from the experts as to how someone could best hide cash, NOT diamonds or gold bricks, on board a Bertram31.

I would be glad to acknowledge the person who can help with this conundrum.

Greg
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

The head ceiling panel is removable in about 10 minutes with hand tools. You stash about 20K up their easy. Dry No wires to disassemble no reason to ever look there.
She could say she didn't feel had to pee whatever. Look at that its half written.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Watch it guys..............this is the same way that OSHA comes on........"Hi I'm here to help you"......got me a $15K citation........later got reduced but not without a fight.

Its my experience that if you own a boat you do not have a lot of cash to hide...........LOL

Harry
hb
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Vacume packed. Covered in grease and slime, and hidden somewhere under the deck. Like in that old hose, but could be used for chaf. gear graveyard in one of my below deck areas.

You could also epoxy it in slim v. packed bundles to the underside of the deck, or the hull sides in the kitchen, in the bath, or v-birth. Hit it with a coat of paint, and it looks like a backer board for something. Mount false "studs and nuts" and the look is complete.

Who were they trying to hide it from would help. Low rent boat yard theives, the Colombian mafia, Customs?

How much cash and what denominations?

Is the chick smoking hot in a thong? Post a picture of the chick.
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Behind the back cockpit panel... Down a rodholder,tied off with a line attached to the bottom of the rodholder...in a series of 3/4 inch rolls.. Tied together .
The tool she could use ...? A small hook to reach into & fish the line out of the holder.
BTW I dont have a rear cockpit panel.So dont come checkin.

Wayne
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

You could put a couple hundred thousand over the headliner in the main cabin. It opens into the sloped area in front of the flybridge. I have a hatch in my headliner and you can fit a person in there. It can also be instntly accessed without tools by dropping the money over the back of the liner in the flybridge lockers. They would fall into the overhead above the headliner of the main cabin. You can remove it with a screwdriver. It is divided in half along the centerline of the boat.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Post by Carl »

Overhead panal in cabin, behind the fridge or under the locker base shelf, comes to mind, also if it where an express in the head you have a removable panel with all the helm wiring and hydraulic hoses. Rope locker would be a great place to stash something, but nothing to take apart, just a good place.
If you could send me the cash I can personally check out each location for you and give you a report in short time. My address is...
chris pague

Post by chris pague »

If she is good looking a size 2. This would be my idea. Send the money to Rawleigh and he and I will put in the head liners of our B31s. I will give you a couple more paragrahes to right .
Chris
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Inside the cushion of the Stidd chair. No one in their right mind would cut that open.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

What a nice bunch of guys...helping the DEC, FBI, Drug guys and Homeland security guys to know where and what to tear open the next time they board you. A "novel" idea for a thread. Walter
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Ya know if I was prone to wearing a tin foil hat.................

I would be glad to acknowledge the person who can help with this conundrum.
Legaleze for "accomplis"
No one in their right mind would cut that open
We're talking law enforcement Brewster.
Last edited by Bruce on Dec 12th, '07, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
algillen

Post by algillen »

How about using something simple, say, a cell phone. Pick up the phone, call lawyer, ask for divorce, tell the lawyer that there is a couple hundred thousand that was invested into the boat and the woman wants her half.
Not everybody can own a Bertram 31
Email: algillen@yahoo.com
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Bruce, I love the name tag in the pic!!
nic

Post by nic »

We keep our cash in the top drawer in the galley...no one ever looks there.

But if you really want to hide some cash in a 31 repower it.

Nic
Hull No. 330 1963 SF "Tennessee"
hubris 1

Post by hubris 1 »

looking to hide cash on a boat? just buy it, TAKE CARE OF IT FOR A YEAR. check your bank account. stand back and see if you can see where you put it.LOL! now that's funny, put that in your novel.that's a funny post.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

But if you really want to hide some cash in a 31 repower it.
No truer words have ever been spoken.