LSU, LSU, LSU

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

LSU, LSU, LSU

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

My alma mater and home town team made it to the BCS champ game vs. the Ohio St. pussys. The GA coach is on ESPN right now whining that his team did not make it - shoot he did not even make the SEC champ game, as he excused, because the BCS rules are unfair.

Les Miles is staying at LSU, and with WVa. and MO both losing, he needs to buy some lotery tickets soon....He has displaced LDS as the lucky-est guy I know. I can see the back yard of Les' house from my front yard, and it's all lit up...he fixin' to get a big raise - word here is his $1.8 mil. salary is going up to $3.8 mil.....hope he uses some of it to clean up his back yard.

Jan. 7th is gonna be a big day in Coonassland. Drinking may be allowed before noon........

UV
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Congrads.

Sooner fan here, and I was kinda happy that we are not going to Baton R. South for a home game with LSU.

If the boys get their mind's right and lay off the partying, I don't thing the Ohio Aggies have much of a chance. Then again, this year, nothing is free from doubt.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

UV,

Whats with the supposed crap going on about Les talking to Michigan or not talking to Michigan?

Rumors just to secure a higher salery next year?
Drinking may be allowed before noon
Now that's funny.
Best thing I ever saw was at the UVI, you comming out of the cabin at dark thirty, popping a beer can with the remark, best beer of the day.
randall

Post by randall »

first thing that poped into my head also
RAWicklund

Post by RAWicklund »

Anybody else want to jump on the bandwagon?? Then take the Oath

TIGER OATH I ________________ solemnly swear to do the following to ensure that I remain a member of the most passionate, intimidating, and sometimes scary fan base known to man. I agree to DO the following:
1. I will always cheer for LSU in sound levels that would make a banshee proud....and deaf. I will agree to do this whether in Tiger Stadium, at an opposing stadium, in front of a TV, at a bar/restaurant, or at a friend's/family member's wedding/funeral with strategically placed ear phones.

2. I will wear purple and gold to games. I will NOT, however, under any circumstances wear purple and gold camouflage overalls, pants, or hats.....EVER. (You do indeed still have to wear pants, I'm talking to you, Livingston Parish!)

3. Speaking of not wearing camouflage overalls, don't wear overalls at all. If that's all you own, you might need to examine the fact that you might be a Mississippi St. fan or a member of Dexy's Midnight Runners.

4. I will continue to tailgate in a way that is representative of my school's perennial National Champions of Tailgating title. This means good food, good music, lots of alcohol, and great people.

5. When tailgating, I will not devote more time to the centerpiece than I do for preparing food. If this is the case, I might as well become an Ole Miss fan. They are big believers of style without substance.

6. I will invite visiting fans to our tailgate spot and give them a hard time before taking them in as one of our own, feeding them, and getting them drunk.

7. I will NOT act in a way that promotes the negative stereotype that LSU has bad fans.

8. I will NOT boo our players while at games. I can boo college coaches and NFL players and coaches but NOT college kids. Remember, if they don't receive a paycheck, I can't boo them. I can, however, boo Alabama and Tennessee players because they all get paid.

9. I will not leave a game before the 5 min. mark in the 4th qtr unless LSU is up by 21 or more, and I/someone with me is: vomiting, bleeding, and/or stricken with hysterical blindness. Beating traffic is not a viable excuse until I reach age 80.

10. I will continue to believe that Mike the Tiger's roaring before a game has everything to do with his school spirit and nothing to do with a human in a tiger costume that Mike can't stand. (*ahem* ignore this part... I'm cute and fuzzy)

11. I will stop trying to start a wave. Waves are for soccer or Tulane fans.

12. I will cheer for our team on offense but only when the play is over, the team needs to be able to hear when in the huddle and when lining up for the snap. On defense, I will constantly scream at the top of my lungs, like a nine year old running from Neverland Ranch. ..
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Vic,

Dean Smith, our former UNC Tarheel basketball coach, used to say that he would rather be lucky than good any day. I was at the Super Dome in New Orleans in 1982 when Michael Jordan hit a shot with 17 seconds remaining to put us up by a basket; then a Georgetown player threw the ball to our own James Worthy with 10 seconds remaining to seal the victory for UNC. Then in '93 at the championship game with us up by a basket with 10 seconds to go, Michigan called a timeout that they didn't have, and got called for a technical, once again securing a national championship victory for the Tarheels. Lucky helps, but LSU is good as well; not to mention that the SEC is by far the best football conference in the nation. Go Tigers.

Tommy
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Tommy, it's just a game....yeah. I like Ray's Oath....winning in Coonassland is all that matters, it's really a big deal down here. I see cheap tickets for the BCS game in the Superdome are $1,300, good seats are pushing 3 grand.

Gonna be fun.

UV