Liquordale updates?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JohnD

Liquordale updates?

Post by JohnD »

For those of us who couldn't make it. How about a re-cap of the good the bad and ugly?

br,
John
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

I HEARD IT WAS WET & RAINY!

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Mack

Post by Mack »

John-
How is the repower going? Time for a sea trial yet?
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Mack, Thanks for asking but no Sea Trial... not yet.

The yard is working on the install, I've got 100gal of diesel on board, racors hung and fuel line partially done, exhaust started. The generator is going in this week. I had attempted to reuse my struts, boring them to 1.5in, however when we went to put them in a week and half ago we found the barrels of both were cracked. So new ones had to be ordered, on the good side I bumped the shaft size to 1-3/4 in. Once the new struts are in place and motor alignment known the engine beds can be fabricated and then it's all down hill from there.

So I'm guessing maybe by Thanksgiving? I'll have a running boat? I'm planning on bringing it back to the house so I can put the interior back in over the winter.

You know I've researched a diesel repower enough that I haven't been surprised about anything except the duration. I can't believe that in May I thought I might be done in time for AC in July. At this point I'm not sure if I'll be ready for next July's Rendezvous.

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.