Southern fishing

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jrwolfe

Southern fishing

Post by jrwolfe »

I am planning a December fishing trip to either Tropic Star Lodge, Panama or Crocidle Bay Lodge, Costa Rica. Anyone have any experience with them or recommendations?
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

You should be getting at least 15-20 opinions on Tropic Star as we had UVI6 and UVI7 there. Uncle Vic and another group of the Faithful will be going in 2008. Sadly, I won't be able to make it this time. It is a top notch facility. Everything about it is clean, professional and made to please. The boats are all B-31 Sportsfishermen rigged exactly the same. We caught Pacific Sailfish, Striped Marlin, Blue Marlin, Roosterfish, Cubera Snapper, Amberjack, Tripletails and a host of other reef fish. Our trips were in late June. I don't know the other place, but you can't go wrong with Tropic Star Lodge. Walter
Bertram Joe

Southern Fishing

Post by Bertram Joe »

I've been to both and enjoyed both. Fishing was good at both (I probably did a little better at Tropic Star but probably depends on which week). Feel is little more remote at Tropic Star but both have great service and friendly "make you welcome" attitudes.

You can't go wrong with either but my edge has to go to Tropic Star because of their fleet of B31's.

Have fun,
Bertram Joe
randall

Post by randall »

even i could catch fish at tropic star.......a lot of fishImage

i was just walkin by

In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Tropic Star is unique, not cheap, but a special place. The overall level of service is over the top, a 6 star place from top to bottom. Making my 3d trip in June, 08 and plan to go at least once a year till I assume room temp.

UV