"Joe Cool" a reminder of being alert/chartering

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

"Joe Cool" a reminder of being alert/chartering

Post by Bruce »

I'm sure most have been following the story of the charter boat "Joe Cool" out of Miami who's captain, captain's wife and two crew members disapeared on a charter trip to Bimini.

The two who hired the boat were found floating in the life raft. One was on the lamb from stealing money from a Wal mart.

They claim it was piracy.

When the Coast Guard found the boat, the GPS showed it took a sharp southerly turn after leaving Miami.

I think the guy who stole the money had remet a man from Cuba he had guarded at Guantanamo while in the military police years ago.
They were headed back to Cuba so the one could avoid getting caught who stole the money.

When the captain refused to take them there, I suspect they were killed.
Buju

Post by Buju »

My heart really goes out to the Branam family... what a terrible loss of life.

Too bad none of the crew was packing a gun. These two peices of shit had to look suspicious right from the begining... I bet the Capt. and his wife were shot in their backs while on the bridge, from the cockpit... then the mates led to the bow and done in exec. style.

It'd be good justice to have the two taken back out to the g.stream, cut 'em up a little, and toss em in with a few blocks of chum...
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

A gun is like a fire extinguisher.

Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
randall

Post by randall »

cap't was armed...didnt do any good if he got ambushed.......apparently he wasnt suspisious enough to have his guard up
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

I know I am assuming actual intelligence here but how could these guys be too stupid to run the boat after doing away with the crew?

Forgive the total oxymoron here, but really?

Mark
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
randall

Post by randall »

capt (im just guessing here) probably fueled up for a trip to bimini...they run the boat south...run out of fuel...dont know how to switch tanks or restart...boats a big target and they know folks are gonna start looking soon
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

On CNN this morning while in the shower an expert on marine stuff said it was pirates for sure. It is amazing how stupid people can be experts who have never been out in a boat.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I have been logging about 1000 hours a year on the water down here for about 6 years. I have not run into any pirates nor have I found any good booty. There are a lot of drunks running around saying argghhh.
Capt. Mike Holmes

Stupid people

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

A friend has a copy of a poster in his office at work from the Bruce Willis movie with the little kid who talked to dead people. It has been altered to say, "I see stupid people. They are everywhere, and most of them don't even know they are stupid."
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
John F.

Post by John F. »

1000 hours a year on the water? You're my hero. I spend about 2000 hours a year in my office, and about 200 hours on the water.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

John,
The water is his office.

The last pirates I heard about were the ones who left a .40 shell casing on J. Rivkins boat, right Pat?

Pirate tales make for good TV. Brings illusions of Jonny Dep and unfortunately takes away from the seriousness of this crime.
Rickysa

latest on Joe Cool murderers

Post by Rickysa »

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Only problem is that OJ was charged for murder also. Hopefully other evidence will be found to prove what happened. The possiblity does exist that someone else came aboard and did the deed. That "possibility" is all a defense attorney needs to put a reasonable doubt in the minds of a jury. Our wonderfull justice system allows criminals to walk all the time. Go on any boat that I have been on for work or pleasure and you will find shell casings somewhere on it. It is a big ocean and I am sure ther a lot of guns at the bottom of it. I would be shocked if they found the gun.