Great day on the boat, bad day in the Marina

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Chiles

Great day on the boat, bad day in the Marina

Post by Chiles »

My girlfriend and I took out the B26 for a little spin on Saturday. The bay was a little choppy so we settled for ltour around the Rappahanock near where Mikey and Rawleigh live, etc. I still have yet to put the boost pumps in to solve my vapor locking problem, but that's only a problem after I shut her down and try to restart before she cools off. My girlfriend is doing a great job of watching the guages, driving and keeping the engines in sync. So far no groundings (hear that Thudd?)

Anyway, like I was saying... It was a great day of boating. When I returned to the Marina, I was hooking up the hose to flush the engines when the my girfriend shouts "He hit your truck!" The Dock master runs over and confirms. It seems that this guy who was driving a local dealership truck and pulling a new tri-axle trailer cut it too close when turning in front of my parked truck. He nailed the front tire, rim and bumper. To make matters worse, when he got out of the truck to ask me what I wanted to do he was stumpling. I told him to call the dealership owners (I'm familiar with the family) and his face turned white as a sheet. So, he goes back to the truck, waves the cell phone out the window and takes off. One of the locals told me this morning that he was picked up a little while later and now needs some legal representation. Apparently he tried to run from the local authorities as well.

My how fast a great day can turn to crap. I'm waiting to hear back from the auto dealership where they asked me to drop my truck for repairs.

Maybe next weekend will be better.

Chiles
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Chiles,
Same thing happened to me about twenty-five years ago when the owner of a well-known Richmond dealership came by to see us and oops into a friends car where his new-born infant was snoozing. Not much damage and my friend got a complete paint job for his old beater.
Should have come by and let me install some aluminum foil on the offending gas lines to prevent the vapor lock. Now that's class.
Progress is slow on Dreamsicle but steady. Last week did some fiberglass grinding in the heat. Bride thinks I should take a thermometer to the shed and see what it gets upto. Think I'll just suffer and grind. If I knew I'd probably take my aging butt to a cool retreat and wait for fall. Fuel tank goes in next then engine boxes and wiring.
Life is good
Mikey
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

Sorry to hear about that Chiles. At least you'll be able to get it fixed. Life plays that way some time. Don't forget we deal with good old boats and should be used to dealing with adversity as it comes our way. Glad your day on the water was good. All ahead 3/4 pal..... Dave K
Keep Fishing...
randall

Post by randall »

dont sweat the small stuff.......its just stuff...save the sweat for the people (and animals) you love......i have other cheap philosophical advice but im figuring thats enough for now.....maybe forever
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

thank ala for small favors
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Chiles: I hope that your girlfriend was properly sympathetic at least!! Sorry to hear about your ding, but at least you know that they have insurance!!!! What a pain in the butt though!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31