,,,,,bandit nets

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Ric

,,,,,bandit nets

Post by Ric »

recently saw an application of a cap stan 1000 powerwench mounted on a 30 degree rod holder insert with a custom flat stock of aluminum heli-arced welded all bolted thru the aluminum flat stockwith a front roller used to pull lobster traps etc, (Multiuse wench),modular setup for quick disconect it was wired wrong with a 10/2 30 amp wire ,,when the unit draws 80 amps at 12 volts but what i believe to be a dynamite application to pull a bait net in 350 feet of water etc,.,,the problem is it is kinda slow,,probably the gear ratio but it pulls 1,000lbs at 80 amps or claims to ,,,slow is good when pulling a net less oxygen in the bait fish and there is less chance of air bladder extension etc,,,,,however i was thinking of a multi use device whereby i pull the anchor with the ball and ring etc .,.,and then pull the 600 ft of anchor line into the boat on a different speed. in addition to its appication as a bait net hauler.so basicaly what i am looking for is a variable speed retrieve or a 2 speed retireve for uses in different applications,,,the capstan is $750 at boat u.s. but i was wondering if anybody uses anything different ,saw anything different, used anything applicable ,i heard the blowboat windlass's might make something but those units i heard are like 3k and more and a regular "hauler" does such a diservice to the boat being mounted in a fixed position on the boat, absolutely unacceptable,,,,,but what is less acceptable is hauling that 350ft depth of rope and the 100ft net by hand,,so if anybody has an idea,,,,I am all ears
took a 600 plus bluefin 9 days ago on a friends boat.,.,me and him on a 30 calvin beal down east work boat .,.,rigged for fishing.,.,Now i am looking for a analog or digital scale in the $300 to $600 range, grainger has them for 1200,,,probably a 1,000lb scale will do,,, because without a scale right there you never know ,,,and when the co/op comes for the fish they dont bring one ,,"They" weigh them when they get them back to the co/op and then you recieve a "phone" call with the weight,,Hello.........
On a lighter not,,,,,,,,,,,
recieved word from yanmar on the class action suit and my submission of documentation etc relative to the suit and it guidelines including admission that i did all repairs and all warranteed adjustment myself with engines etc .No factory dealer ever did anything accept sell me the engines in the crate,.and all parts relative to the maintenance schedule etc,,
,.,both heads all parts all materials and and all labor for the re/do,,,,under warranty and billed directly from the dealer to yanmar ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lost the season slippage and insurance etc 5k.,.,small price to pay for piece of mind,,losing the season,,well thats annother matter..............................................
Jimmy G.,.,that footage on the marlin hookup was wide world of sports material great job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Ric - I thought you shocked dem fish, what's all this crap about hauling 'em up?

Got room for you in Panama next June, you a pussy or what?

UV
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Ric,
I made a rig like that years ago as an electric reel for an owner.
Took a Grunert 12vdc motor that drives a reefer compressor, added a reduction gear drive on the front and then a spool from a windlass to that.

Mounted everthing to aluminum pipe to fit a rod holder. Motor drew 60 to 80 amps under load.

He just took a couple of wraps around the spool and just peeled it off like a sailboat winch as it came up.

Worked pretty good.