Bertram31.com makes new freinds.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Brewster Minton

Bertram31.com makes new freinds.

Post by Brewster Minton »

I met Rob C. and his buddy Nicolas Pron Sat morning and we went fishing for sharks off of Shinnecock. Two great guys. We chummed all morning and not much happened. We went on the troll at 1:30 and 25 min later we hooked up a Mako about 60 pounds. I spoke to Rob online and he came up from Texas and I took them fishing. It is because of this board that we met and fished. These are people I would have never had the chance to meet if it was not for the sandbox. Thanks to Capt. Patrick we have this place and new freinds.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I met him and his family at Montauk last year the same way and am possibly going to see him there today. Glad you had a nice day. I am sure you found out that he, like you is a restauranteur in Texas. I was afraid you guys weren't going to connect because of your tests. Does that mean that all came out OK? Walter
randall

Post by randall »

and because of this place i met walter...even though he only lives a few miles away.....last night walter took my neice and nephew (12 year old twins from the city) fishing in 3 mile harbor...it was a little slow but they eventually caught some fish and went home all excited........what a great place this is..........and of course,brewster, i hope you,re 100 percent
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

yea I will find out tuesday from the doc 2 more tests first
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Brewster...

Guess I missed the fact that you were dealing with the Drs. You were very kind to me and my friends earlier this summer when you offered to guide them through some tight places, and that made you a very special guy in my book! I wish you the best of luck with the tests.. and have not forgotten you. Be well, and fish often!
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

I just have two words to describe Brewesters boat (and him) HELL YES! That is a fishing boat, no day cruiser, no frills (if not safety related) and speed to get you out there quick, down and dirty. It was painful burning the same fuel and going TWICE the speed as my boat. We kept laughing the next day about things Brewster would say. As my friend said numerous times the next day "that Brewster is a great guy", I agree. Mako on the troll and then hooked us up w/ great lobsters, the kids and wives devoured them.

Thanks for everything Brewster!!!!

On another note, Walter I am sorry we missed each other, my cell phone charger caught on fire on the way to Brewsters and I did not get your message until last night when I got back to Houston. Please tell your wife hi and we will try to get more time next year, I love Montauk. It was kind of nice not to have a cell phone for a while, 13 messages in three days???????

When I get some pics I will try to post them.

THANKS Bertram31.com

Rob C
"sometimes you go 8 sometimes you hit dirt"

Rob C
neil

Post by neil »

rob,we had the pleasure to meet brewster this summer in montauk. he is nothing shy of a piece of work we still are talking about him, my son really got a kick out of meeting him and his fishing tank neil
scot

Post by scot »

Yes Brewster this board does make new friends. I have been welcomed by all and really look forward to making a gathering and meeting everyone. The "Bertram Community" could not exist without the sand box.

I have both sent free parts and recieved free parts from people I have never met? I never hesitate to mail something off to any of you guys on the board with the simple arrangement "let me know what the shipping cost and I'll send a check"...or "send something to the good Captain"

My wife questioned me paying freight once as I shipped off a part "are you crazy?"....I had a very simple reply, "It's alright I trust these guys"

It's really incredible and is a testiment to the quality of people on this board. Thanks Captain Patrick.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0