Dreamcicle looking more and more like reality

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Chiles

Dreamcicle looking more and more like reality

Post by Chiles »

Mikey,
It was great seeing you again on Sunday. Thanks for going easy on me for having to make a second attempt at backing up to the dock. Peter from the B25 site gave me some real good advice a while back. Never approach a dock faster then you are willing to hit it. I think about that advice every time I start my docking manuvers. I guess that's why the rub rail still looks new.

Your boat is coming along fantastic. I still can't say enough about how impressed I am with the wiring. You certainly have raised the bar on doing things right. I hope to get a report from you in the next few weeks on all the billowing smoke that your gonna blow on the neighbors behind you.

I put another 5 hours on the rotary engines this weekend. I know your snickering because I did not shut then off at your dock for fear of the vapor lock issue, but I also need to burn the rest of the 120 gallons I went into winter storage with last year. Right now I'm enjoying using her and figure that I'll send the new lift pumps to who ever takes her off my hands. She runs too well for me to want to do any work on her at the moment.

By the way, I called Timmy and left a message while I was under way. He finally returned my call when I was almost home Sunday evening. It sounded like he had several celebration drinks during the day. I could have sworn that I heard some sort of a "thuddd" sound thru the phone. Kind of like he fell or something. Nah, Not Timmy. :)

-Chiles
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Timmy? Drink? Fall down? Nah, you've got the wrong guy fo sho.
Thanks for the kind words. Still have a problem with wiring to the AMS. Neither seems to work. Can't believe that both have failed. More inclined to wait for the case of CX that's coming and give every connection a healthy squirt and wait. The wiring looks different than the Cummins manual I have. Found some different schematics on boatdiesel.com (finally joined) and will trace using those diagrams.
What the hell, it's a boat.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein