Bow Wow

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Bow Wow

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

How about Michael Vick? I just saw on TV that the owner of the team is gonna keep him on the team while he's in jail so he can dock his salary each year and try to get back $22 mil of his signing bonus. Not to mention he's losing $88 mil in salary.

I guess my question is this......I thought I'd done some dumb crap in my life, but this guy takes the cake. And his 'apology' was fake. He is a total dumb ass, the idea he had $130 million at his disposal and was running a dog fighting ring? Here in Louisiana we were the last state to outlaw cock fighting (actually a nice clean sport vs. dog fighting) and now people are saying Vick's just a victim of his upbringing. In my view, from what I've seen, Michael Vick is nothing more than a plain ole rap music thug, but a real stupid one too boot. He done found Jesus today according to his people. Having been in the chasing crook business for a long time, most of them that are facing jail time find Jesus real quick when they get caught. When the snitches come out, they go down...hope the judge whacks him for a long time.

UV, the merciful
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Michael Vick........

Here's your sign.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Yeah, he probably IS a result of his upbringing. No work, all play. If he couldn't play ball, this guy would probably have done the same thing. Just wasn't smart enough to figure out that with the millions available to him now, he wasn't untouchable and lawyers might not be able to save his ass. Public outrage has done him in...and I hope it keeps him out. Idiot is an understatement in this case. Walter
scot

Post by scot »

Here in Louisiana we were the last state to outlaw cock fighting
At least when a cock fight is over you can Southern fry the looser, serve him with corn on the cobb, mashed potatos and gravy. I'm in.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Another case of money going to their head. Unfortunately, in sports these days so much money is involved that he will probably get away with it and go on with his career. It seems that sports figures can get away with just about anything these days.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Harv

Re: Bow Wow

Post by Harv »

Vicroy wrote:How about Michael Vick? I just saw on TV that the owner of the team is gonna keep him on the team while he's in jail so he can dock his salary each year and try to get back $22 mil of his signing bonus. Not to mention he's losing $88 mil in salary.

I guess my question is this......I thought I'd done some dumb crap in my life, but this guy takes the cake. And his 'apology' was fake. He is a total dumb ass, the idea he had $130 million at his disposal and was running a dog fighting ring? Here in Louisiana we were the last state to outlaw cock fighting (actually a nice clean sport vs. dog fighting) and now people are saying Vick's just a victim of his upbringing. In my view, from what I've seen, Michael Vick is nothing more than a plain ole rap music thug, but a real stupid one too boot. He done found Jesus today according to his people. Having been in the chasing crook business for a long time, most of them that are facing jail time find Jesus real quick when they get caught. When the snitches come out, they go down...hope the judge whacks him for a long time.

UV, the merciful
UV,

I think with all the bonuses and endorsements he had signed, the loss is more like $170 million total.

Now realize that I am not a Christian, so I don't want anyone taking this the wrong way but.....
What is jesus doing in jail?
He was a man of honesty, integrity, and love. Probably wouldn't have even swatted a fly off his face. From Robert Blake, & Paris Hilton to Michael Vick, they all seem to find Jesus in jail. Personally, I don't think anyone of fame and/or wealth should get a pass when they admit their guilt to a crime. Even when they admit their "innocense" of a wrong doing, I beleive there should be no leaniency....like O.J. for instance.

Speaking of P.J., someone sent me this little ditty, I thought I should share

One day in the future, OJ Simpson has a heart- attack and dies. He immediately goes to hell, where the devil is waiting for him.

"I don't know what to do here," says the devil. "You are on my list, but I have no room for you. You definitely have to stay here, so I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I've got a couple of folks here who weren't quite as bad as you. I'll let one of them go, but you have to take their place. I'll even let YOU decide who leaves."

OJ thought that sounded pretty good, so the devil opened the door to the first room. In it was Ted Kennedy and a large pool of water. Ted kept diving in, and surfacing, empty handed. Over, and over, and over he dove in and surfaced with nothing. Such was his fate in hell.

"No," OJ said. "I don't think so. I'm not a good swimmer, and I don't think I could do that all day long."

The devil led him to the door of the next room. In it was Al Gore with a sledgehammer and a room full of rocks. All he did was swing that hammer, time after time after time.

"No, this is no good; I've got this problem with my shoulder. I would be in constant agony if all I could do was break rocks all day,"
commented OJ.

The devil opened a third door. Through it, OJ saw Bill Clinton, lying on the bed, his arms tied over his head, and his legs restrained in a spread-eagle pose. Bent over him was Monica Lewinsky, doing what she does best.

OJ looked at this in shocked disbelief, and finally said, "Yeah man, I can handle this."

The devil smiled and said . . . . . .

"OK, Monica, you're free to go."
Harv
randall

Post by randall »

my brother at one time was the shrink for the NFL......think he has some stories?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Vic, Ain't no athiests in foxholes. This is another reason I'm glad I left Richmond. As a good friend is fond of saying, "if it weren't for that family (read NFL) money he'd be living under the fourteenth street bridge."
Audience survey on the local news this moring asked what his sentncce should be. 58% - full five years, 28% - twelve months, 14% - no jail time. Want to wager on the racial persuassion of the 14%?
Just one more reason to be proud of being from the capital of the Confederacy.
Sidebar: A sons of the Confederacy group asked the City of Richmond's permission to take over maintenance of a Confederate cemetary that the City is suppose to keep up. The City says, "No," siting environmental concerns!
You could use the City of Richmond government as window glass. Thick and transparent.
Are we having fun yet?
Read my next post, "engine trouble."
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

ESPN.com has the transcript of his apology:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2993103

Try and count the number of times he says "you know". I got 12.

I think my favorite part of this entire story happened back in May when someone was interviewing Clinton Portis of the Redskins. When asked what he thought of Vick's situation, Portis said it was only dog fighting. When the interviewer quickly pointed out that dog fighting was illegal Portis' repsonse was an incredulous "Really?".
Regards,

Doug L.
CMP

Post by CMP »

He's so full of shit, I can smell it from here. So typical, the old "I found Jesus" gambit-it's part of the script, fer cryin' out loud. Bottom line, the reprehensible nature of his crimes aside, the guy is a friggin idiot and proof that you can take the guy outta the 'hood, but you can't take the 'hood outta the guy. Great idea-risk your entire $150 million future on a <$1 million dog fighting enterprise. I guess vick missed Econ 101 at WV...

CMP
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

CMP, We should be proud of Michael. He was diversifying. Only 1 mil out of 150? Pretty prudent investing skills there.
Mikey
-Albert Einstein
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

And the guy ain't that good either!
A/K/A El Gaupo
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Capt Dick Dean wrote:And the guy ain't that good either!
You're right. I think he's the most over-rated player in the NFL.
Regards,

Doug L.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Doug,
Former player.
Mikey
-Albert Einstein
RAWicklund

Post by RAWicklund »

UV,

I guess you haven't heard the latest. Our Tigers may be in trouble on Thursday night.

Michael Vick just signed on as an assistant coach at Mississippi State..... and if anybody can get a Bulldog to fight.............

Ray
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Ray, on the other hand, Vick is certified stupid, so that is good for the LSU Tigers.....the bookies ain't taking any money no mo' on the game Thursday night, spread got too wide. I sure hope we ain't being set up too high to fall hard.

UV
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

To continue the dog days thread,

The queen of mean left her dog 12 million in a trust.

Woof...................
randall

Post by randall »

and her grand kids....0
Harv

Post by Harv »

Bruce wrote:To continue the dog days thread,

The queen of mean left her dog 12 million in a trust.

Woof...................
Maybe the dog will invest in a people fighting racket.
Harv
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

randall wrote:and her grand kids....0
I had read that she left 2 of her grand children some $ as long as they visted the grave site of their deceased father at least once per year. The other 2 got sqaut and her will was quoted as stating "and they know the reasons why".
Regards,

Doug L.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

On the other hand, she has the right to leave it anyway she wants. Maybe the kids were A-holes too. Its must be nice to be rich! It often seems to bring out the "best" in people, doesn't it! Then there are the exceptions, like Daryll Pennington.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31