L.I. Canyon Crew needed

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CHolgerson

L.I. Canyon Crew needed

Post by CHolgerson »

Mike O, Harv, Dick, Charlie J. any LI guys. I need one or two more guys for a canyon run. We are leaving the dock at around noon on friday and spending the night and returning to the dock on saturday. Give me a call on my cell phone if you are interested. (631)275-1365

Regards,

Chris Holgerson (PRICELESS)
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Thanks Chris....but I'm off to Martha's Vineyard.

Probably no canyon trips for me this year...... Don't want to shake anything loose.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Dug

Post by Dug »

Chris,

I am hearing that you only need to go as far as the 500 line. Plenty of yellowfin there. I have heard that the Dip and the Tails are "dead" by comparison. If you see life, stop and fish it. Not much need to go further.

Good luck, and fish well! Then come on up to the Vineyard and join us for dinner!!!

Dug
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Chris, I'm over on Fire Island for two weeks and can't get away. The family needs the Water Taxi for the weekends. Heavy duty. But thanks for thinking of me!

On another note and in the same arena, My name is in two fishing reports today. This is great stuff. Yep, it was a big one. Bait and tackle guy said, "Outstanding". A special fish. It was weighed in and a photo op was done. Who'ed would ever think?'
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

tell us more quint
Harv

Post by Harv »

Need a little more than a 1 day heads up for a trip like this. Too much work and too many bills to pay. Even working this Saturday. Maybe next trip???
Harv
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

cwj, thanks for asking ...... it was a 10.35 lb Fluke. Biggest, badest fish brought into that tackle shop so far this yr. But I didn't get a check like Jimmy G. He's always in the money.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

nice fish dick, congrats. were did you get him so, of the fire island reef in 70'? :lol: