Outriggers

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MikeD@Lightningshack

Outriggers

Post by MikeD@Lightningshack »

Guys,

I am purchasing new outriggers for the lightningshack.

Lee has and 8' and 6' outrigger base's. I would like the outriggers to be mounted at the gunnel elevation as opposed to the bridge mount.

Should I go with the 8' or 6' base, and what length poles are right for the boat.

I just put a hard top on the boat, and would like the release clip to mount on the bridge's vertical glass surface, and the hinge arm to attach to the hard top.

Should I purchase factory direct or will I find better pricing through a distributor like Consumers Marine.

Also should I be considerig Rupp riggers instead, or are they similiar in form, function and price?

thanks
www.lightningshack.com
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

email cappy, he put a set on a couple of seasons ago and they lok real nice
John Jackson

Post by John Jackson »

You should talk to JP's dad, Joe Dalik. He put Rupps on my boat and did a great job. He made sure that the install matched the hard top angles and they work well. You might want to talk to Pat or Jason at Gulfstream and see what they think. It seems to me like thay have a great eye for proportion and balance, etc.

Nice work on the gelcoat. Boat looks great cant wait to see it with the new hardtop. JJJ
thereheis

riggers

Post by thereheis »

i put a set of 6 ' bases on the there he is and they work and look great.the 8'bases put the spreader way up in the air and lots more whip..

phil
Dug

Post by Dug »

Mike,

I put 22 tournament liftout Rupps on my boat and used them for the first time today. I love them. They look the nuts also!

Dug
MikeD@Lightningshack

Dug and Phil,

Did you guys mount them gunnel height or on the flybridge?

and if either you has a picture of the install, I would really appreciate a copy.

My email is
MikeD@Lightningshack.com

Thanks
Mike
MikeD@Lightningshack

JJJ,

I talked with Jay and he gave me some suggestions.

Working with those guys has been a little bit of a challenge for me so far.

They promised to have the top done in May, and they are still not finished.

They constantly blame all of their delays on a customer who they couldn't get to vacate their slip. I basically lost the entire summer because they can't effectively communicate with their customers. I think this is mostly because he was an unsatisfied and disgruntled customer... but thats just my guess.

frustrating, but it's real close to being done now.

I really hate putting the hard top on her, the boat really looked good void of all the clutter.

Your boat looks terrific. Glad to hear your getting offshore on her too! It's been a busy year with work and boat. I haven't been anywhere on my boat, and haven't even made a canyon trip on any boat. After doing 10 last year, this is an unwelcome change.

If you ever get stuck looking for offshore crew, don't hesistate to try giving me a shout.

good luck this fall.

Mike
Vince Luciani

Post by Vince Luciani »

Hello Mike,

I've got Lee Tournament riggers with the 8' bases. I got the bases used from a friend. The outriggers are 19' single spreaders. I think they look great and work great also. I don't have any problems with excess whip. The bases are very strong and operate very nicely form the bridge.

THe only issue with the 8' bases that I have found is when you want to remove the outriggers from the base. On my boat, to remove the outgiggers form the base I need to get a ladder to pull them out of the base. I don't have the fold down bases. I don't believe you would have the same problem with the foldown bases. I'll try to post a picture.
capy

Re: Outriggers

Post by capy »

MikeD@Biach.com wrote:Guys,

I am purchasing new outriggers for the lightningshack.

Lee has and 8' and 6' outrigger base's. I would like the outriggers to be mounted at the gunnel elevation as opposed to the bridge mount.

Should I go with the 8' or 6' base, and what length poles are right for the boat.

I just put a hard top on the boat, and would like the release clip to mount on the bridge's vertical glass surface, and the hinge arm to attach to the hard top.

Should I purchase factory direct or will I find better pricing through a distributor like Consumers Marine.

Also should I be considerig Rupp riggers instead, or are they similiar in form, function and price?

thanks
www.lightningshack.com
Mike 8' bases for sure, make sure the basses maintain the same angle as the windshield when you install them. I used 19' extra strong single spreader poles and the tips just clear the transom, tin profile it looks real sexy.....

My wife calls them boat jewlery..

Here is a link to a pic...

http://home.comcast.net/~cpgozew/wsb/ht ... aphic.html