block island questions

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

John C

block island questions

Post by John C »

Need some help from those who have gone before... Thinking of taking a 2 or 3 day trip to block island with family before school starts. Ant tips on where to go, marinas, motels, places to eat?? Thanks, John in NJ
steve miller

Post by steve miller »

John,
I'm assuming you'll be going by boat.
Most people stay at Champlin's, it being the biggest and most complete marina. The staff there may be indifferent to your concerns, and there is a lot of rafting.

The best restaurants are; (in descending order of my personal preferences) The Mannisses, Eli's, The Spring House, Harry's, and for breakfast the 1661's buffet, and Juice & java.

For lodging, The Mannisses and the 1661, both run by the same family, are excellent.

I'd be happy to talk to you about B.I.- call me at 401-466-9725 H or 466-487-2425 C
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

I personally like the Boat basin for a Dock but usally just anchor. Pane's would be second choice for a marina. I must stress don't miss the Brunch at the 1600 house it is GOOD!!! Also the Oar at boat basin is good for some meals also.
Enjoy Dan
When are going I am planning on being there Labor day weekend.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
John C

Block I

Post by John C »

Thanks for the responces. Steve I will call you today on your cell. I plan on going next week. Thanks
John F.

Post by John F. »

John-

We were up at BI in early July. We stayed in the National--only place we could get a room--and learned that night that it was party central. OK until you want to sleep. Steve recommended a nice restaurant for us, and we had a nice time. We rented bikes and rode around the island--that was great. Beautiful place. Enjoy.

John F.