Stone Harbor White Marlin invitational - pictures

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JimmyG

Stone Harbor White Marlin invitational - pictures

Post by JimmyG »

We had a great weekend in the Stone Harbor White Marlin invitational. The only problem was no one told the White Marlin so the Blue marlin stepped in, with about 12 caught in 2 days by 26 boats. we fished Saturday at the Wilmington Canyon and was able to release the first billfish of the tourney about a 300# Blue Marlin, catching one these fish is amazing in itself but this fish bit on you guessed it the smallest set up we had a Shimano thunnis spinning reel with 280 yards of 30# test line with an 80# leader! We chased the fish sometimes close to 20 knots to gain an empty spool at least 5 times for over 3 miles! It was an awesome experience and I got great video and pictures.
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/showp ... 576/page/1
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Jimmy - congrats. Great pix. Did you cut the pix out of a video? World class pix.

UV
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

Jimmy you deserve a pat on the back. Thats a good run and great photography. How did you shoot the photos? Excellant angling buddy!
Dave K
Keep Fishing...
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

Jimmy,
Awsome job and the photos are unbeliveable.Were they taken while running the boat?
Frank
John F.

Post by John F. »

Great pics., but even greater catch. Congratulations.

John F.
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

The pictures were taken with my Cannon SLR digital camera and i just got a new hi-def Sony video recorder and got all the action on that also! what happened is when we first hooked up i had to chase it down then when we caught up to it I really think the fish had know idea it was hooked and it swam across the transom and we were able to touch the leader making it an official release then an hour battle ensued but the pressure was off and I had one of the guys take over at the helm under my direction while I snapped away with the camera as far as the video, it's mounted on the hard top and keeps running. We got an honerable mention for outstanding catch the guy who recieved the trophy for outstanding catch caught a double header Blue marlin release.
Garry

Post by Garry »

Jimmy,

Awesome shots and congratulations on such a tall anling feat.

Garry
JK

Post by JK »

Jimmy,

Incredible pics. I've been olding out for the new SLR camera and also for the hi-def video camera. Maybe Santa will stop by this year. Did you use any program to edit the still pics? I still use adobe 6.0 but that is old school anymore. Now with the boat back in action it's time to break out the cameras again.
Leaning towards canon slr and sony video camera so far. Any recommendations?
--JK
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

JK, I use Adobe CS for editing it's a great program. I have the Canon 20D 8.2 megapixels with 100-400 L lens and I love it ! They have a similar 30d with a larger screen and my brother just got the 5D it boasts a whapping 12.8 mp, kinda pricy though and not enough frames per second for the action shots i like to take. For the video camera I waited until the high def prices came down and got the new Sony HC3 it's very small and compact and WOW what a picture!