painting in high humidity

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

renegademike

painting in high humidity

Post by renegademike »

Hey Guys Iam having a delima here in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. My 31B has being totally redone. The shop is about to start painting and the humidity is pushing 69% in the mourning's and about 45% in the afternoons.
The boat has been in the shop since Dec and I need to have it ready and dialed in for the up coming tournament season in October.
What can I do to make sure these guys mix the Enron and the other paints for this humidity?
Whats the best method to apply sand on the decks of boats?
I want to thank you guys for all your help in the past. This being my first time redoing my 31B. Its been a nightmare at times not knowing if its being done the proper way.
If any of you guys are ever down this way I would love to take you out fishing and pick your brains on your boats. Its a charter boat but I will be running allot of crew trips this first year. I live to fish and love fishing the cow tuna. I used to fish the longrange boats out of San Diego and have caught tuna up to 341lbs.
The summer fishing here has been late in arriving but it is finally here with lots of dorados (Dolphin fish) in the 40 lb class and we are getting several blue marlin in the 400 to 500 pound range. Most of the fishing is within 15 miles from the marina. Surprisingly there are still lots of strip marlin around even though the water is in the mid 80's in most area's
be safe and catch the big one Mike
nestorpr

Post by nestorpr »

Hi! I'll be heading to Cabo the week of the 26th of August for work but I may have an hour or two to chat. I'll be staying at the Westin Hotel and my cell phone is 305-775-9003.

Last time I was there I chartered an ABY boat and caught my first Striped Marlin, 120lbs. It was a great time and it's mounted on my wall.

I also caught the biggest Bull Dolphin in my life, about 45 lbs.

Would love to meet you and see the boat!
Looking for my next boat!
renegademike

Post by renegademike »

Nestorpr, that would be great. I can show you the boat, which should be almost finished by then, and show you around town where all the good cheap eats etc. where we locals go.
The fishing is really good right now. Lets hope it stays that way as this is hurricane season and things can change in a hurry.
I was born in Miami (Cuban Parents) but moved to California as a kid. I still have lots of family in the Miami area.
I am just learning how to post pics through photo bucket so Lets see how it works out. I think you can go to photobucket and check out my new gallery, its under renegademike.
I will call you through SKYPE soon or your if your familiar with skype my contact name is renegademike
renegademike

Post by renegademike »

sending pics

Image[/url]
nestorpr

Post by nestorpr »

Mike, the boat looks nice! I'm not familiar with SKYPE but go ahead and try it. I'll be out of town in Colombia this coming week but will be back home next week, then I go to Cabo the week after. I'll be working most of the time but I think I should be able to take some time off one night so we can go to a local place, that's where the best food is!! Looking forward to meet you.

Nestor
Looking for my next boat!