in case you were wondering

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

randall

in case you were wondering

Post by randall »

what the most predatory, hard core fish killin 31 on the planet looked like (and the cap't to go with it)......"hey....dont scratch the blood"Image

IMG]Image
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

where's the tekiller?
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Randall thank you very much! And Timmy you drank all of it or most of it. It was awsome to meet everyone and shars in our love of The Best BOAT EVER Built. Sorry Im still a little drunk maybe........
Dug

Post by Dug »

It is the Tuna Assassin!!!!!!

Glad we got to meet you Brewster, as you said, we all thought you were 50 plus and large!!!! 'Nuf said.

You? Drunk? Naw.... Nothing a full bottle of Patron (except what Timmy stole...) and what was it, 2 cases couldn't accomplish!

Boat looks great in those pictures. For all you wondering, they make it look pretty clean, and well organized!!!! And it is actually damned functional. The man knows what he is doing, that is for sure!

and for any of you wondering, this is the man who had the Bertram emblem sunburned into his chest on Saturday!!!!

Dug
scot

Post by scot »

Now that's MY idea of a boat!....outfitted to EXACTLY what the owner likes to do with it. Way-to-go Brewster, a fitting tribute to the 31.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Hardcore!! Looks like a Penn ad!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Dug

Post by Dug »

Notice that in the midst of that hardcore battlewagon, is a helm chair fit for the gods! Let Brewster tell you the challenge he had buying it!!!!

That is a beautiful Stidd chair with a full suspension system. Military grade.

Amazing boat! Damned sure a sleeper. Until you study it, and find it is all working, all functional, and all really well laid out!

Dug
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I noticed that high dollar helm seat! I've sat in them and priced them at the Miami show, so I know how fine they are and how fine Stidd thinks they are!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

That Brewster! What a piece of work. With eight 80# yellow fin in 1300 # of ice along with bull dolphin, wahoo and some other fish, this guy has to be in the Bertram31 Hall of Fame along with AJ, the Fighting Angel, Linda l, Phoenix, My Four Girls, Crowsnest and more that because of a senior moment I can't recall. But it will come to me later.

Oh yeah, WindStar ... rumor has it you'll be inducted next yr.

And of course, RumRunner is in "Who's Got More Lights On Board Than Me" division.
A/K/A El Gaupo
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

To get the seat was some ordeal. When I went to the factory in Greenport NY and they made me wait till the homeland security guy ate lunch then I was questioned under a brite light as to why I wanted there product. Then asked if I was a criminal(I lied) wether I was a good American and about fifty other questions about why I needed the chair. Finally I paid them and they told me I could come back and get it in 4 months, maybe it might be ready. I love it. It reduces stress on the operator by 50% and I would say its better than that for sure.
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Hard core fishing machine for sure and its a sleeper!!!!
Was lucky enough to get a ride when it was hot at the dock thanks again for that, and all the other good Info Brewster shared with a green horn.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

greenport, thats my old stomping. ground, didnt even know they were there.
Garry

Post by Garry »

Brewster,

A real "WAR WAGON"....When I owned a 31 Bahia Mar, the 1st year we fished the New Orleans Invitational Billfish Tourney, we were berthed at Port Eads in a skinny 14ft slip between a 61 Viking and a 65 Hatteras. We came in late on the 2nd day of fishing flying Tuna and White Marlin Flags and backed in to our little slip between the high $$$ SF Yachts. They had their folding chairs out on the dock, legs folded well into Happy Hour, when one of them tells his buddy...thats not a yacht...thats a WAR WAGON...fitting name for a fish catching boat. Good Job.

Garry