Attention Montauk Attendees

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

neil

Attention Montauk Attendees

Post by neil »

Here's an updated list from the Montauk Yacht club of boats registered to attend: Dick Dean, Gerard McLoughlin, Mitch Mills, Mike Ohlstein, Jeff Pagano, Doug Stowe, Dan Sullivan, Tom Ward, Neil Williams and Neil Franzoni. If your name is not on the list as an attendee and you are going please call Ashley (631) 668-7702 and tell her you are with the Bertram Rendevous.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Come on guys, we can do better than this!!!!

The last time we had a rendezvous in Montauk, we had 37 Bertrams or more, up to 60 feet!

Right now we have 10 signed up! Lets get going! I can't wait to see you all again, and that's right, I want to see all of you!

Montauk is going to be great!

Dug
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Hold it, Neil. You left out Captain Happy Pants!
A/K/A El Gaupo
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Duggy(is that like doogie howser?) I spent all my ching on that scam bow chock that I'm sure will never get built.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Dick,
I'm commin by air and land. Not by sea.

Doc says high to the group. Spent part of Friday night having a few cocktails with him.
Still the happiest guy in the world
randall

Post by randall »

actually bruce the last leg should be by boat (mine)
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Dug wrote:Come on guys, we can do better than this!!!!

The last time we had a rendezvous in Montauk, we had 37 Bertrams or more, up to 60 feet!

Right now we have 10 signed up! Lets get going! I can't wait to see you all again, and that's right, I want to see all of you!

Montauk is going to be great!

Dug
Actually Dug it is 9 bertrams and 1 Hatt!!!!
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

possibly 10 if my 4 girls is completed in time
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

charlie,

who did you decide on the paint the boat?

are you staying with yellow?
capy

Post by capy »

Lets see, I was talking this over with the wife yesterday....

probably burn 150 gals diesel each way

ride down- $450 ($3/gal)

ride back -$600 ($4/gal)

halfway point dockage onsetbay marina : 2.50/ft x 31x 2 nights+ electric- $185

dockage at montauk : 4.50/ft x 40ft minimum x 2 nights+electric - $420

Rendezous dinner x 2 adults plus one child $240

other Meals and incidentals for 4 days and nights - $500

Grand total = 2400 clams and we are sleeping on the boat.

Provided the weather holds out and the boat holds together across the bays.

Sounds excellent.....if I could use Duggy's money.
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

sell the kid and stop crying broke. You used to be fun. Oh what parenthood does to the weak willed. My kids are all off at reform school, (on the gov's nickle, thank god for a good court system and DSS) I didn't cave to Dr. Spock parenthood books. Just beat the little fu***rs till they ran away. Have the wife work 2 jobs instead of just the one, and taking care of the boy. And if you'd stop spending all your spare cash on hair products, you could easily afford the trip.
neil

Post by neil »

timmmmy is buying the fuel, our fuel will be 2 k and 8 nights in a suite. just put the boat in gear and go
Dug

Post by Dug »

Timmy,

Just for that, I will be sure everyone gets thiers but you...Say you are sorry now!

And Pauly, it is good to be held in such high regard! Put a pie in it and drive down in your car, and take the ferry if it is such a high price! You know the camraderie is priceless! We will be up at Cranes last week of July, you guys going to come over? Good thing Tim is boatless at the moment, I hear he has problems with that inlet... For real, the annual trek up will be held on the last weekend, Brad is over from Sweden, so come on over!

D
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Fine, maybe I over stated my feeling on the chock. You happy now?
Dug

Post by Dug »

Much better, thank you!

I retract the inlet comment...
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

BTW, it's the Captain that had the trouble. I was below being tthe serving wench
capy

Post by capy »

Dug wrote:Timmy,

Just for that, I will be sure everyone gets thiers but you...Say you are sorry now!

And Pauly, it is good to be held in such high regard! Put a pie in it and drive down in your car, and take the ferry if it is such a high price! You know the camraderie is priceless! We will be up at Cranes last week of July, you guys going to come over? Good thing Tim is boatless at the moment, I hear he has problems with that inlet... For real, the annual trek up will be held on the last weekend, Brad is over from Sweden, so come on over!

D
Dug,

We will definitely meet up with you guys, you have my cell right??? Wingaersheek is awesome during the week..much nicer than the backside

Email me if you don't have my cell.

Sorry for whining broke, but being a daddy has limited my options........

Regards,

Paul
Last edited by capy on Jul 16th, '07, 16:26, edited 2 times in total.
capy

Post by capy »

thuddddddd wrote:sell the kid and stop crying broke. You used to be fun. Oh what parenthood does to the weak willed. My kids are all off at reform school, (on the gov's nickle, thank god for a good court system and DSS) I didn't cave to Dr. Spock parenthood books. Just beat the little fu***rs till they ran away. Have the wife work 2 jobs instead of just the one, and taking care of the boy. And if you'd stop spending all your spare cash on hair products, you could easily afford the trip.
Timmy this post does more for explaining your behavior than a team of shrinks working around the clock for a month could.

Carol has the hardest job on the planet she is a housewife.

I have no hair.

And I can't afford to go to montauk by boat or by car.

Different priorities.....education fund, new playroom with radiant heated floor, clothing, private school...blah, blah, blah, oh yeah and lots of scotch!!!

Did you and joe catch any yesterday??? Musta been rough once past cape ann 15-25 knts at the backside...
offshore31

Post by offshore31 »

paul

got to 1/2 way and it started getting ugly. happened to look behind and noticed the bilge pump running. found the port raw water pump was leaking pretty good, i think at the face plate, so i turned back. gonna change the impeller this weekend. figures, figured out the starting problem (starter) and the pump's gonna cause me agida. oh well, it's a boat.

fished the mouth for stripers, but got nada but doggies.

joe
Joe A.
lurker (ex-b31r)
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Whoa up there, Timmy-boy. Down. Down.
I said DOWN!

That's better.

Paul,
Post your Visa number and I'll send a credit to it.

We should come up there and visit you two!

Too busy tho.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Matt29

Post by Matt29 »

You guys friggin crack me up (That's right, I said friggin, I live in Jersey now). I find myself getting distracted from the boat repair tips by the entertainment factor alone. It's a good thing too, b/c it keeps my spirits up since I'm still on land. I wish I could make it to Montauk to finally meet a bunch of you guys, but it will have to wait until I make it by way of my own Bertram. It's a work in progress, as I'm sure you can all understand. Best to everyone at the Montauk rendevous, looks like it's gonna be a great time.

Matt
Keeping my hands full and my wallet empty.
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Thank god Timmy decided not to procreate. 3 days till the mid atlantic and my boat is pulled all apart and in primer and the a/c aint working, engines need aligning,etc... hope my employer wasn't expecting much this week.
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Doug, not your employer, kids or 3-4 ex wives. So don't sweat it they are used to you, or don't care anymore.

Paul, we all choose our hobbies. Private school, radiant heat , hair products. Me, I prefer closley held failing companies.
I hope the Private school works out, cause we see what public (with a little help from your dad) turned you into. Besides that lovely wife of yours has a harder job than being a housewife/mommy, it's being your babysittter/reality check. Now don't get al bent out of shape, it's said in the most carring of ways. And I know things are tuff for you, Dewars on board??? And shouldnt you just work out a smoke signal codewith duggy, you might not have a cell at that point,under the impression all the carrierers are rasing the tarriff

FAr as fishing you know the drill, Joe got "concerned" we headed back, I went to sleep
Last edited by thuddddddd on Jul 16th, '07, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Matt, don't think your geting left out. Cheeper to drive to Montauck, or th A/C thing than run a RLDT.
Where in Toms River?? the g-friends parents live there, and I get draged down all to often. After I piss off Neil and JP , I'll need someone to amuse me, so send the contact info
offshore31

Post by offshore31 »

Tim

I was concerned when you got on the boat.
Joe A.
lurker (ex-b31r)
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Dug wrote:Timmy,

Good thing Tim is boatless at the moment, I hear he has problems with that inlet... D
I don't think its limited to just one inlet.

Also, while Wingaersheek is OK, I much prefer the backside of Cranes(as long as the greenheads aren't out in force!). The views are incredible.
Regards,

Doug L.
capy

Post by capy »

AndreF wrote:Whoa up there, Timmy-boy. Down. Down.
I said DOWN!

That's better.

Paul,
Post your Visa number and I'll send a credit to it.

We should come up there and visit you two!

Too busy tho.
Timmy is riled up isn't he?

Andre, I most graciously accept your offer, but my card got cancelled last week.....can you just fed ex me 5lbs of fifties in a sack??? I had know idea you had that kind of wealth.

You can stay with carol and I anytime you want...I promise not to put you to work/rebuilding/running parts delivery or any other kind of nonsense.
capy

Post by capy »

thuddddddd wrote:Doug, not your employer, kids or 3-4 ex wives. So don't sweat it they are used to you, or don't care anymore.

Paul, we all choose our hobbies. Private school, radiant heat , hair products. Me, I prefer closley held failing companies.
I hope the Private school works out, cause we see what public (with a little help from your dad) turned you into. Besides that lovely wife of yours has a harder job than being a housewife/mommy, it's being your babysittter/reality check. Now don't get al bent out of shape, it's said in the most carring of ways. And I know things are tuff for you, Dewars on board??? And shouldnt you just work out a smoke signal codewith duggy, you might not have a cell at that point,under the impression all the carrierers are rasing the tarriff

FAr as fishing you know the drill, Joe got "concerned" we headed back, I went to sleep
Yeah, Iknow you're right.......most people look at her then me and just say "WHY!!!!!"

Butch at the dock was asking me about huns old hat, I told him what the current state of it is, what your plans are.......he responded that we'll see it in the water around 2010 or 2011 if your lucky.

He is in the fiberglass business.

Probably just as well, diesel will probably be $10/gal and only the rich folks like Andre, Vic, Doc and El Presidente Ohlstein, will be able to fuel up anyway.

Deep warm regards,

Paul
capy

Post by capy »

offshore31 wrote:Tim

I was concerned when you got on the boat.
Joe,

I was thinking the same thing..........maybe he is a jonah????

It would explain alot.

Tee hee.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I do a canyon trip on about 105 gallons......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
neil

Post by neil »

timmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy what day will you arrive in montauck and how are you getting there , jr and i are ready to bust your balls
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Neil I'm gonna put a basket on pauls ego and ride it like one of those hot air ballons. Hope the winds are favorable, but knowing pauls attitude they will be ill.

Far as the tubb, if I'm lucky it'll get wacked by a tornado. I've been trying to get ohlstiens buddy Joel to teach me how to start one. if not it'll be back in for next summer

Paul tell you what, how about for aug you let someone else do the whinny broke ass thing?? you go back to being fun paul. I'll take my turn, if you like Cause I think there are only about 2 guys here that are more broke than me, and you ain't 1. Then come sept you can be your current curmudgionly self, if you like, and I'll not say a word(at least about that) Heck if you do the deal, we'll even have you over for dinner, in aug(good attitude paul). For real food, not that spam and cheese whiz your being forced to eat due to finances
Harv

Post by Harv »

thuddddddd wrote: Cause I think there are only about 2 guys here that are more broke than me, and you ain't 1.
I know I am!! Cause I don't think anyone is more broke than me.
Heck, I'm so broke, I can't even pay attention.
Harv
capy

Post by capy »

thuddddddd wrote:Neil I'm gonna put a basket on pauls ego and ride it like one of those hot air ballons. Hope the winds are favorable, but knowing pauls attitude they will be ill.

Far as the tubb, if I'm lucky it'll get wacked by a tornado. I've been trying to get ohlstiens buddy Joel to teach me how to start one. if not it'll be back in for next summer

Paul tell you what, how about for aug you let someone else do the whinny broke ass thing?? you go back to being fun paul. I'll take my turn, if you like Cause I think there are only about 2 guys here that are more broke than me, and you ain't 1. Then come sept you can be your current curmudgionly self, if you like, and I'll not say a word(at least about that) Heck if you do the deal, we'll even have you over for dinner, in aug(good attitude paul). For real food, not that spam and cheese whiz your being forced to eat due to finances
Timmy you know flatterey will take you any where.

My attitude is fine, it's just your perception that is ill.

Next summer??? how many mexicans you bringing in to work on it??? Maybe you should drag a $100 dollar bill attached to a picture of the tubb through downtown lawrence, I bet you could get many undocumented workers that way!!!!

Deal. Next time your walk by the boat stop in for another dewars.
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Convict labor, my good fellow. From the "farm" . $7.00, no benifits. Probably do as good a job as most of the "marine" mech's in the area. (Bruce your not from around here, right?)
I'll you what, I'm going to tap into my kids college fund and buy you a bottle of the good stuff, that you used to embibe on, back when you were fun Paul. We'll tip back a few, then you can hide the bottle(so the cute redhead won't think your spending Petey shrink money) Then after it's all gone, pour the Dewars into it , most will never know, cept you and me. We'll keep it our little secret(unless we tell crowther)
And I'll show you my collection of $100. bill(not a misprint, just got 1)
Heck I'll even give you fitycent for the strip club.
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

thuddddddd wrote:Heck I'll even give you fitycent for the strip club.
Sign me up!
Regards,

Doug L.
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

big spender, Paul was going to tip 5 of the girls with that.
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

Thudddd,
Since when did kathy lift her moritoriam on strip clubs for you?

Nice to see you are still well loved here.!!

-Chiles
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Stew, she still lets me dance.
How do you think I can afford to pay my shore of the bills? What with a failing company, dog food bills, private training for beau, and the new radiant floor I put in Beau's(so he could sleep better after the tuff training sessions) wing of Kathi's palatial estate.
Like harv says"I'm so broke, I can't afford to pay attention"
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Bruce your not from around here, right
If I had been, you wouldn't know cause I would have already blown my brains out years ago.

I thought N.O. was corrupt.
Boston makes N.O. look like a bunch of girl scouts.
capy

Post by capy »

Bruce wrote: If I had been, you wouldn't know cause I would have already blown my brains out years ago.

I thought N.O. was corrupt.
Boston makes N.O. look like a bunch of girl scouts.
Amen.

Everybody up here is a few drinks away from blowing their brains out...