Auto Pilot help

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

RussP

Auto Pilot help

Post by RussP »

I have a Cyteck control box in the overhead and a Autocop compass under the companionway step. Pete Fallon said it was a remote control autopilot but I'm totally confused. Are Ceteck and Autocomp compatible? There are a few cables with connectors by the the compass with nothing to connect to!
I'm picking up my diesels next week and plan on rewiring the back half of the boat and would love to salvage the autopilot. Any help would be helpful before I rip everything out and sent it to the dumpster.
Thanks
RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

No help on that one Russ. Sounds like dumpster time but before you do that contact a reputable Marine Electronics dealer . They will be helpful. Also try a Google search. You may find something. Dave K
Keep Fishing...
Pete Fallon

Auto Pilot help

Post by Pete Fallon »

Russ,
The Autocomp is the flux gate compass, Ceteck control head has a hand-held operating head that plugs into your control unit. You should be able to find a operating head on E-bay or check with HST or Avalon. I can't remember if the drive pump was still attached to the steering ram, if not don't waste your money on the old system. Buy a new Robertson AP-11 or Ray Marine unit. I'm in Mass for the summer and fall. Which engines are you going with?
Pete Fallon