Capt. Happy Pants

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tommy

Capt. Happy Pants

Post by Tommy »

There's nothing quite like having one of the faithful help you out when you're in a jam. My 10-day family vacation is to start Friday, and Island Girl was sidelined with a few mechanical issues. Circumstances were such that our favorite mechanic, Bruce (aka Capt. Happy Pants), had some things to tend to in North Carolina. Wouldn't you know it, he offered to "swing by" Morehead City and help me out so Island Girl would be up and running for the family vacation. With the diesels back in tip-top shape, we went for a final shake-down. The Lord was looking out for me and my family, 'cause instead of losing my steering at sea with them on board next week, the hydraulic line blew with Bruce on board. True to form, he had me jury-rigged in just a few minutes so we could get back to dock. In a few more minutes he had the lines off, we went to a NAPA store and had new ones made which he installed and bled and got me back to steering. All because Capt. Patrick started this Board back in 1999 and brought this rag-tag group of boaters and fishermen together. Thanks, Patrick, for this fraternity; and thanks, Bruce, for being a great friend. Uncle Vic, I hope you and the faithful have a great trip to Panama.

Tommy
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Good stuff !
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

That Captain Happy Pants ... He's a Great American!
A/K/A El Gaupo