Number of Underwater Lights

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Midastouch73

Number of Underwater Lights

Post by Midastouch73 »

Im looking to install some underwater lights during my next haul out for bottom painting. I was curious to know opinions on the amount of lights to go with. My initial thought was 3-4 across the transom and 1-2 on the port/ starboard sides. I'm looking to use lumatic lights. Money isn't endless but I'd rather spend once than to spend twice to change something....Thoughts?
1972 Bertram 31 " THE OLD BROAD "
Twin Mercruiser 454's
saburke17

Re: Number of Underwater Lights

Post by saburke17 »

Midas i'm running 5 Total, I have 4 spaced out on the bottom facing down and 1 on the transom facing outward. the larger one facing back is 3400 raw lumens and the smaller ones facing down are 1300 raw lumens

Stephan

Post by Stephan »

I have gone a different way than, um, all-
I put one Lumitec Seablaze X as low as I could and left it at that. I am not sure how much additional utility comes from the 3rd, 4th, etc. light and I was interested in keeping the power draw to a minimum.
I have been very pleased with the light and it has proven effective at raising bait as well as entertaining my children(or any one else) for hours on end.
I am of the opinion that white lights penetrate the water best, green lights are best for bait and blue lights look the best for skinny dipping. Aspirationally, I went for the blue.
Good luck,
Stephan
Possunt quia posse videntur
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

good post Stephen
capt.bob lico
bero13010473