Early Bird in the Hudson

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CHolgerson

Early Bird in the Hudson

Post by CHolgerson »

I fished the Hudson canyon Thursday to Friday and tried to hail you on the radio. Boat looked sweet out there. We had 6 yellowfin and an albacore. I was on the Ziggy, a 2019 59' Hatteras. I hope you guys had a great trip
EarleyBird

Re: Early Bird in the Hudson

Post by EarleyBird »

Yes Sir that was the EarleyBird Thursday. We went 2/5 on Whites, caught one nice Yellowfin, couple other bites, bit the ballyhoo right behind the hook. Overall, slow day, looking for those Bigeyes but, they weren’t around to bite that day. Was on 41A, sorry missed your call. For you other guys, here’s a little info. We have 270HP Cummins with 4827 hrs.,fourth set of motors in my 1973 FB boat. No trim taps, do not need or want them. Second oil change yesterday, 257 hrs. so far this year. Turn 20X22 DQX wheels, Aquamet 22 shafts 1 1/2”. 83 1/4” EOT. Left Manasquan at midnight, started at 18 kts, slowed here down to 16, while in thick fog for 25 miles. Cleared up pushed her up to 20kts, put lines in the water at 5am, 90 miles. Four people onboard with 400# of ice in my cabin port side fish box, 220 gallons of fuel. Trolled baits til 5:30pm. Had 77 miles togo back home. Pushed her up to 2375 on analog tachs. in mirror calm seas, 25 kts. never a drop of spray on her bow rail. Was re—fueled yesterday 161gallons. Thank you Sir for the Compliment, saw you also, that’s a pretty rig too. We’ve caught 81 tuna, 5 Whites, lost a Blue this season. Jim...EarleyBird
CHolgerson

Re: Early Bird in the Hudson

Post by CHolgerson »

I am glad to hear you got out of there on Thursday. The fan turned on fast on Friday out of the north east and it got sporty for the ride home. Those are great performance numbers. I hope to see you out on the edge again this season. We have had some great trips so far but we are still waiting to put that monster fish on the new boat.