Checking out Carl’s Repower

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

PeterPalmieri

Checking out Carl’s Repower

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Over the years this board has created friendships and experiences well beyond what I ever would have imagined. Asked Carl about how he felt about his 210s and the next day we are out. Beautiful yacht club, Great Kills Harbor is great as was the Marina cafe.

Carl is awesome, the boats not completely back together yet but man did he do a great job on the install. Very quiet and no vibration at idle, runs perfect although he wants to swap props to bring up the cruise speed. First time on an express and I get it. Cabin of an FBC, cockpit access of a Bahia.

Lots more to say but for now thanks Carl. Here is a photo dump from the day for those not on Facebook.

https://imgur.com/gallery/w0StjpJ
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Tony Meola

Re: Checking out Carl’s Repower

Post by Tony Meola »

Peter

Great shots. Would not have expected carl to do asny thing less than a great install.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Beautiful!!

Hey, Pete, your boys have grown up sensibly since your trip in the Caribbean!
I envy those sea food munchies...
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Carl

Post by Carl »

Great pictures Peter, feels like I was there!

I had hoped to get the boat back together and in better condition, before showing her off...but a ride was needed sooner than later so hopes were put aside. Thanks for the compliments, the tackle and please tell Shannon the bread is delicious.

It was a pleasure spending the morning with you and your family, thanks for coming. I wish I could have shown you around the club more, but with Covid all but the bathrooms and marina are closed and even what is open is members only at this point. The rules get bent a little bringing the occasional guests, it would be awkward for me to push them further.

Hopefully, the family and you now have a pretty good idea what Cummins 210's are like in our boats. I could have tried to explain, but nothing like unbiased first-hand knowledge.
CamB25

Post by CamB25 »

Great pictures! Looks like a fun day on the water!
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi