Calling Yannis

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Rawleigh

Calling Yannis

Post by Rawleigh »

Yannis: How are thing in Greece? I hope you and yours are doing OK through this. Rawleigh
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Yannis

Re: Calling Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Rawleigh,

There are currently two issues; first one we have in common and it’s the virus, we have one dead, we’re struggling, but I hope we’ll make it. We moved quickly and we’re far better than most. Hoping for warm weather!
The other is the Kind neighbors we have. And their friends... We’ve been around in this neighborhood for quite sometime, we’ll manage! This guy has far too many open fields to deal with, he’s bound to smash his head sooner or later...

Thanks for your interest.

PS I’m having my annual on Saturday, like Doug said, the boat is the best anti virus retreat! I’m working on my wine provisions too!
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Yannis

Stay away from crowds and don't shake anyone's hands unless you can clean them after you shake hands. Right now here in the States people are going crazy. Believe it or not they are stocking up on Toilet paper and water. I keep on asking if they really think the water is going to stop coming out of their faucets. We are not in a nuclear war. Today I wanted to go to COSTCO to purchase a couple of items. Usually there are more than enough parking spaces, but today I could not get a parking space. I saw people with two sharping carts full of food.

Good god what do they think is going to happen. I guess they never heard of home food delivery.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Tony,

The reason of all this frenzy is to prepare if circulation is prohibited, like in Italy.
In Italy you cannot exit your home, period. No deliveries, nothing.
I wonder where toilet paper fits in all this though.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Carl

Post by Carl »

Tony Meola wrote: Believe it or not they are stocking up on Toilet paper and water. I keep on asking if they really think the water is going to stop coming out of their faucets.
Its only water if it comes out of a plastic bottle these days...
Never mind the companies putting it in the bottle are taking it out of the tap with some filtering then filling bottles.
My buddy is a beverage distributor...used to be called a Beer Distributor as that was how it was when he started...mainly sold Beer, had soda and even carried bottles water. Today his Water sales are right up there with Beer. I find it funny some of his waters cost more then most of his beers...$28.00 for a case of water and he has a hard time keeping it in stock.
Tony Meola wrote: Today I wanted to go to COSTCO to purchase a couple of items. Usually there are more than enough parking spaces, but today I could not get a parking space. I saw people with two sharping carts full of food.
My wife was livid last night...she had to pick up a cake at Costco. There was a line of cars waiting to get into their parking lot, never mind finding a spot. So after parking two blocks away and walking in to find many bare shelves, picked up cake and then the lines...with al registers open the lines were just about to th eback of the store...crazy.

Tony Meola wrote:Good god what do they think is going to happen. I guess they never heard of home food delivery.

Food delivery is fine if stores have the products to delivery. All cleaning products-gone, toilet paper-gone, meat-gone. Luckily we have been only going for odds and ends so not a big deal yet. AND I am assuming after many people overflow their freezers, fridges and basements and their closets are fully stocked with toilet paper the stores will get a chance to replenish and we'll be fine.

Provided of course we do not have a lock-down were deliveries cannot be made or accepted.

The frenzy people are in makes it tough. If your buying a package of TP twice a month and the shelves are void of TP as you replenish...the next store you go to for some you think...hmm, maybe and extra package or two just in case I can't get it on my next trip. Person after you see's you with 3 packages and thinks...hmm, maybe an extra package or two just in case.