Bertram Rendezvous ~ Dinner in Montauk Information

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

How do you feel about this as the Rendezvous Dinner Menu?

Too expensive
44%
Prefer Different Dinner Buffet Selection
No votes
Sounds great!
56%

Total votes: 9

Brewster Minton

Bertram Rendezvous ~ Dinner in Montauk Information

Post by Brewster Minton »

"Lobsterbake Buffet " 7-10pm : Award Winning New England Clam Chowder, Steamers, Musels and Whole 1 1/4lb Lbster, Barbecue Breast of Chicken, Sliced Roast Sirloin of Beef Chorizo Sausage, Red Bliss Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, Crisp Garden Salad, PotatoSalad, Pastasalad, Coleslaw, Corn Bread, Strawberry Shortcake & Watermelon
FreshlyBrewed Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee & Specialty Teas"
$Market Price ~ Usually about $75.00 / person
+Required Chef Attendant Fee of $150.00

Open Bar 7-10pm : Premium Band Liquor . Includes : Absolut Vodka, Befeater, Bacardi Light, Sauza Tequila, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Jack Daniel's, Baileys, Kahlua
$37.00 / person

All prices subject to a taxable 20% Service Charge and 8.625% NY State & Suffolk County Sales Tax.

I think it will be aproximately $150/person
neil

Post by neil »

brewster that sounds good any price for kids i think there will be a few thanks neil
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

put mine and Kathi's on Neils tab. Brewster, I'm guesing the 150 chef fee is for the event and not per person?
Dug

Post by Dug »

Last time we did Montauk it was $55. I don't think we did over $75 ever, unless I am totally mind numb which at this point today is very possible.

Dug
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Almost feels like too much food. If my memory serves me correctly, we did plenty of dock drinking and paid for our bar drinks just before dinner. Lobsters were served by a chef behind a steam table which we walked up to. I assume there should be an alternate dish for non-lobster eaters. Salad and corn-on-the-cob were the side dishes and I really don't remember if a dessert was even served. Coffee, I guess. Dug hammered them down to a reasonable price knowing we'd have quite a few families. Sounds like the new management hasn't got the records of our earlier event. Brewster, you'd know the price of lobsters better than anyone. I know it's really high now.
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Christ, I cant remember a thing-must have been Doc's martini's.
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I assume there should be an alternate dish for non-lobster eaters
Are there really such people?

Sounds like a good price considering the cost of mussels and clams and 1-1/4lb lobster(best size for taste) plus meat and all you can drink bar.

The other night I paid 48 bucks for a bakers dozen and a half for oysters on the half shell.
Brewster Minton

I can change it. Its alot but its not with the drinks I think. Its what you guys feek good about.
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

I went on a "ten minute tour" in the fog with Randall and after we took a virtual land tour, dodged fish traps and rocks we arrived back hours later, late for supper , and, like Doug, I don't remember much else (but nothing bad).
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Dug

Post by Dug »

Walter is correct.

I was not suicidal enough to do an open bar. I know this crowd would have killed it off! Suffice to say they would have taken a loss.

Yeah, we have always enountered people who don't want the lobster. And a lot of kids. Inevitably there are requests for kid size meals with kid size prices. I understood the question when it was asked, but had to make a choice as to when to cease the accommodations.

Open bar is great for those who want to drink like fish. For me personally, I don't do that, so it doesn't make sense for me or Liz. Food wise, there is only so much a man can eat in one sitting. Unless you can take it with you back to the boat!

But yup, a lot of dock drinks...too.
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

put mine and Kathi's on Neils tab. Brewster, I'm guesing the 150 chef fee is for the event and not per person?
Great Idea put mine on Thuddds tab.

I am a New Guy so what ever you guys want to do is good with me. Plus its Timmmys money so I don't care about the cost.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
randall

Post by randall »

andre.....c'mon we were only ten minutes late..........andre is of course refering to his famous (in bertram world ) quote...when asked to go below and look at the GPS screen to see where the cursor was( dense fog ,running the beach for speed) he replied.........."we're on land!!"
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Dan thats cool, as my tab goes right to Neils CC#.
Are we still doing the, bert getting its ass handed to it yet again, fishing tourney on Fri?? Inshore probably be the best.
Brewster Minton

I think there is some confusion, its a self serve buffet, all the items i listed above are available, (chicken & what not for the non - lobster)
Regarding the children I am unsure about that I will need to call