B28 FBC assistance please

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

RickStockley

B28 FBC assistance please

Post by RickStockley »

Hi Everyone, Im a new B28 FBC owner in Australia, Caribbean 28, 2002 model, twin 240hp Yanmars.
We are currently putting the vessel through commercial registration, with a view to upgrade into full Commercial Survey, but we are lacking hull construction information, Line drawings, Hull construction plans / info etc, International Marine in Australia who built these, are of no assistance and claim not to have this information any longer

Would anyone here have anything to help, Ive tried to search and keep finding links to the http://www.bertram28.com site, but this appears to have been taken off line?
Tony Meola

Re: B28 FBC assistance please

Post by Tony Meola »

Rick

Welcome

Hopefully one of the 28 owners on the board have layout for the 28. I know there is one for the 31, but I am not sure that will do it for you. I would think they are looking for more detail than anyone on here would have. Sounds like you might also need to layup schedule for the glassing of the boat. Also, would they take information on a Bertram built boat vs International Marine who used the Bertram design?

We do have a couple of members down under, hopefully one of them will see this.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I have a lot of my B28 paperwork at the house. I know I have the wiring diagrams and some other items - I'll take a look and see what I can provide.
RickStockley

Post by RickStockley »

Hi Tony, re layup schedule for glassing, that we would establish by core samples or pad samples, all doable, key to the project is line drawings and construction plans
RickStockley

Post by RickStockley »

MarkD wrote:I have a lot of my B28 paperwork at the house. I know I have the wiring diagrams and some other items - I'll take a look and see what I can provide.
Thanks mate any info appreciated
Preston Burrows

Post by Preston Burrows »

Surprising that International Marine are of no help to you.

Unfortunately the information you need is not going to be found by way of B28 owners this side of the pond, what you need is more than the owners info being mentioned - there are very basic line drawings available but no "construction plans", besides which your B28 was built by a different company on a different continent using different materials etc.

A local naval architect is what you need in conjunction with a local surveyor............or perhaps you can locate a Caribbean 28 that has been commercially surveyed / registered and find out how that was accomplished.......good luck to you.
Preston Burrows
1976 B28 FBC
BERF1398M76J-285
RickStockley

Post by RickStockley »

Preston Burrows wrote:Surprising that International Marine are of no help to you.

Unfortunately the information you need is not going to be found by way of B28 owners this side of the pond, what you need is more than the owners info being mentioned - there are very basic line drawings available but no "construction plans", besides which your B28 was built by a different company on a different continent using different materials etc.

A local naval architect is what you need in conjunction with a local surveyor............or perhaps you can locate a Caribbean 28 that has been commercially surveyed / registered and find out how that was accomplished.......good luck to you.
Hear what you are saying, line drawings are a start, actual layup is determined through inspection of core samples of hull at final stages, from what I understand, B28 plans went to Caribbean, and basically stayed the same, I would think International Marine would sill hold plans, however they do not seem to be interested in providing assistance