sea water temp guages

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Doug Crowther

sea water temp guages

Post by Doug Crowther »

Does anyone have a sea water temp guage that they recomend ? I went with a thru the hull transducer and no longer get sea water temps. Just want something simple with a sending unit and a gauge or digital display.
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
Dave Kosh R.I.P.

Post by Dave Kosh R.I.P. »

Doug,
I purchased a nice Lowrance on line for like around 50 bucks and it works swell. Just tywrap the sensor to a thru hull (learned that from UV) and works swell. Dave K
Keep Fishing...
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Dytek makes two good models, one about the size of a tach and the smaller one size of a dash gague like oil pressure. Mine is the small one and fits in the Cummins panel, wired to one of the ignition switches.

UV
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I just tried to get mine fixxed and Dytec is out of business, closed. Consumer Electronics does not show Dytecs stuff in their book or on line.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Damn! Another good company goes down the drain. They've made excellent temperature gauges that were virtually trouble free for over 30 years that I can remember. Walter
Harv

Post by Harv »

Good idea Doug,

the more people we have looking the better our chances of finding something.
Harv
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i have the commercial dytek temp gauge like vic said the size of a tach it has universal mounts and is real sharp looking with digital readout on a red lit background (for night use) model 703200.as usual it is free with a contribution to the site.on the subject in the past many contributions were not sent.i spoke with capt patrick and was taken back i talking about a pair of mercruisers and other goodies.from now on i will release the product when the capt gives me the nod!!!
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Bob,

As mentioned before, if I were you, I'd put a dollar amount to the item, sell it to the first one to pay your price, and THEN, & only if you want to, decide an amount that YOU want to donate... You're too generous & have been taken advantage of too often.

Br,

Patrick
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

capt patrick after reading your post i can help but think over a 5 year span the amount of marine equipment that went free. :o i actually let my guard down because of the bertram brotherhood thing and the worst part is the intented recipient was defrauded -----sorry bro my stupidity
randall

Post by randall »

bob......hardly stupid....just human....actually you deserve a round of applause from every one here.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Hear, hear!! I'll second that.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Post by Carl »

Bob you haven't been the only one taken. I have actually paid the shipping costs on several items, in good faith that an agreed upon donation would be made.
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

I too have a DYTEK and had to get a new transducer. I kept bumping the electric wire as it comes out of the transducer.It finaly broke off. So last month I got a new one from Defender Industries. The electric wire as it goes into the guage doesn't fit. Too big for the connection.

The question is ... can I file it down a smigen and then plug it in?
A/K/A El Gaupo
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

i have a garmin 2010 unit---but am using transducer that shoots thru hull---what sensor can i buy to read temp off the raw water intake?
Kingfish

Post by Kingfish »

Jim
1975 28 FBC
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Thanks guys- I went to Raymarine's site thinking surely they have a solution for the guy who buys one of these 1000watt thru the hull airmar transducers and they do. As usual just need to throw another $250 at the problem. Looks like I can use this flush mount temp/speed ducer in the same big hole that the Sitex CVS106 football size transducer currently fills. Who knows-might pick half a knot without that mother under there.
I grew up to be the person my parent's warned me about.
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

I purchased one of those new Airmar tri-ducers that operate at 235Hz (I think) and connects to my Furuno via a NEMA plug. It works great, gives me speed, depth and temp, even in 3 feet of water. and because it operates at 235z, it does not interfear with my 1000w transducer.

Chiles