2019 NC Rendezvous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

2019 NC Rendezvous

Post by mike ohlstein »

Slightly late notice, but all are welcome.

For more information:

Capt. Lin Spears at cell # (910) 228-8456

Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Rickysa

Re: 2019 NC Rendezvous

Post by Rickysa »

We are still on the hill at Jarrett Bay, but hope to be done in time to be there this year :)
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

This is the email from Capt. Lin Spears, event organizer, that went to everyone on the NC Rendezvous mailing list:

Greetings. We are closing in on 2 weeks from our 17th Annual N C BERTRAM Rendezvous and as promised I want to fill you in with the details.

Many thanks to TOMMY THOMPSON (VP of Sales BERTRAM YACHTS) and his team for the beautiful photographic reminder of a beautiful evening and special gathering. Also we want to thank TOMMY THOMPSON and BERTRAM through their sponsors at GARMIN and SEAKEEPER for the great “party favors” they have provided us for our hosts and for our N C BERTRAM financial supporters.

Now, in keeping with past years, we will gather at 6:30 PM on Friday May 31 at the Causeway Marina (300 Atlantic Beach Causeway, Atlantic Beach, NC) for refreshments, socializing and picnic Pig Feast dinner hosted by the Williams family. Water, sodas, tea, beer and wine (as well as ice and set ups) will be provided.

On Saturday, we will begin to assemble all boats travelling to Harker’s Point (HP) by water at 9:00 AM. The location will be the east end of the Turning Basin NO Wake Zone towards Beaufort Inlet. We will plan to depart from the gathering spot between 9:15 and 9:30 AM with arrival at HP about 10 AM. If you choose to arrive at HP by land, cross the bridge onto Harker’s Island and turn right on Maxwell Dive which will be the second street on the right after crossing the bridge.

Once we arrive at Harkers Point and get the boats tied up, we will have plenty of time for socializing with lunch being served by Carteret County Famous HAMBURGER MAN hosted by the Maxwell family. Water, sodas, tea and beer will be onsite.

Last minute details, VHF communication channels, and other special announcements will be communicated at the Friday night event at Causeway Marina.

For now, I do need to ask you to determine you headcount for Friday night and Saturday. I will need to advise our hosts of the numbers by the first of next week.

Also, BERTRAM is also providing a very special bonus to participants of the six BERTRAM Rendezvous events around the country. BERTRAM is offering fishing for 2 at the world famous TROPIC STAR Lodge in Panama. Qualified entrants will have attended one of the 6 BERTRAM Rendezvous events around the country and to be eligible, your BERTRAM must have attended with you and you must provide BERTRAM with the Serial # of your hull. Maybe we can have a scavenger hunt for the kids to search for Serial numbers on Saturday while at HP! Good stuff.

It will be great to see everyone two weeks from tonight....let’s roll!

Lin Spears
N C BERTRAM / RAPSCALLION
Wilmington, NC 28403
910-228-8456 Mobile
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

PS: If you are not familiar with this area, the following link has a lot of information on North Carolina's "Crystal Coast":

www.crystalcoastnc.org

Unfortunately I will miss the event, but the good news is I will be on the water with my family on Ocracoke Island, NC.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

If you have never attended this event, it is a must do on one's bucket list.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

From the event organizer:

Just a quick reminder that I need to continue to receive headcounts for Friday evening and Saturday daytime for the food & beverage orders (both events catered).

Please try to get these numbers in to me Friday by end of day but especially no later than Tuesday morning.

Thanks and Happy Memorial Day Weekend.

Capt. Lin Spears
LSpears"at"pacu.com
910-228-8456 Mobile
THESALTYSATO

Post by THESALTYSATO »

Late in posting but i just wanted to say thanks again to Lin Spears for another successful and enjoyable rendezvous. This was the 17 th reunion in NC and through his efforts and emails we had an excellent turnout and the weather cooperated perfectly. i think the final count was 20 Bertrams attended. The socials and the food were great as well as seeing old and meeting new friends that share the same common denominator of the Bertram tradition. Again thanks to Lin and I hope all of the other reunions are as successful and enjoyable.