Ol’ Girl still got it!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

EarleyBird

Ol’ Girl still got it!

Post by EarleyBird »

EarleyBird went in the water this am. Full load of fuel. She looks good, deck and covering boards sanded, cockpit and bulkhead painted, Micron CF on the bottom, all filters and oils changed, waxed. Warmed her up than cranked her up to 2600 Rpm’s with a slight outgoing tide. Again...turning 20”X 22” Hy-Torq nibral wheels with a #7 cup, oversized Stainless Rudders she did 29.4 knots on my Furuno TZT 9. That’s all she got and that’s all she ever did. To fast on one engine for my liking bass trolling. 800 rpm’s 6.3/6.6 knots for trolling baits Offshore, get them 6 cylinders in a hum and wait. Good Luck to all this year and be safe, going Fishing.
EarleyBird
Carl

Re: Ol’ Girl still got it!

Post by Carl »

I love those days when you splash then take her out for a quick check out ride when all systems are go, sounds like a dream and you just know its going to be a good year!

Tight Lines and thanks for the nudge to stay on track to get' er done.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

hold on brother there is no need to idle at 800 rpm.bring her down to 625 RPM much,much better trolling,docking.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
EarleyBird

Post by EarleyBird »

Think you read me wrong Cap. 800rpm’s @ 80 miles with 8 ballyhoo behind the boat doing a little better than 6kts. Looking for 8 Big guys! Hope that explains it better. Now for today in Debbie’s Creek. One motor engaged 4.6kts. Two going forward 5.7kts. I chose trolling valves. 17 years with them. Catch em’ up!
EarleyBird
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

ok got it-----go fo it
capt.bob lico
bero13010473